Complaint Review: Advanced Tech Support

Advanced Tech Support
4800 Trex Avenue Suite 350 Boca Raton, Florida USA

Advanced Tech Support I was scammed Boca Raton Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Advanced Tech Support

Two days ago I intended to contact a company I had registered with called PC Pro who provides periodic computer scans s requested. The problem with their service that I experienced was that they systematically removed content from my computer that I did not want removed including Trend Micro, another computer virus protction service I had with he Geek Squad division of Bet Buy which I paid for.

I went to the PC Pro site to call them and the 800 number they provided contacted me with Advanced Tech Support. Their representative, a man named Vinny said they were an authorized repair service of PC Pro. I told him of the problems I was having which are too numerous to mention here and he asked me to authorize his taking over of my computer which I did.

He immediately informed me that I had real serious problems and that they could corect them but it would require purchasing a system called PANDA for $499. When I refused to buy something that expensive he said he could get authorization to reduce the cost to $200 because I was a senior citizen and a veteren but I would still have to pay their tech $199 one time fee to fix my prblems and additinally it would cost $19.99 per month to use free future tech service.

He assured me that all my problems would be corrected and I would never again receive any pop-ups. All of this was false. I also found out that PANDA and PANDA CLOUD are free available downloads.

They told me that if their were any problems, I was entitled to a full 30 day unconditional refund.

In fairness, I have not yet requested a refund but I intend to do so tomorrow. Whether they gratiously honor the refund request or refuse the refund request, I will in either instance post a follow up to let you know the outcome.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Tech-Support/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Advanced-Tech-Support-I-was-scammed-Boca-Raton-Florida-1118268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Tech Support

Advanced Tech Support

AUTHOR: Advanced Tech Support - ()

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your rececent complications.  We do give refunds and if your not satisfied we will correct the issue you are experiencing. Please reach out to us via one of our official support channels and they will be able to correct your issue.

To contact one of our support agents please visit our contact page here: http://www.advancedtechsupport.com/contact-us.aspx

You can chat with a live chat support person from 8am to Midnight EST time 7 days a week.  If you like you can call us directly at 1-800-978-4501 24 x 7  We truly appreciate your business and look forward to hearing back from you.