Complaint Review: Advanced Wellness Research, Inc. Pure Acai Berry Pro

• Submitted: Thu, January 22, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 22, 2009

• Reported By:Longwood Florida
Advanced Wellness Research, Inc. Pure Acai Berry Pro
.BuyPureAcaiBerry.com Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Advanced Wellness Research, Inc. Pure Acai Berry Pro CROOKS! Stay Away! Refused to refund unauthorized charges, give a cancellation #, or allow me to speak to a supervisor! Miami Beach Florida

On 12/30 I ordered a free trial of Pure Acai Berry Pro from Advanced Wellness Research, Inc. I agreed to pay shipping, but never authorized any other charges. I received the product more than 2 weeks later. I was a little reluctant to begin taking the supplement before speaking to my doctor, I've had them in my house for a week or so unopened.

I decided to go online and check out a little more information on this product, but instead I found all the scam reports about unauthorized charges. So, I check my credit card statement, and of course I too have been charged $78.81. Again, I have received the free trial capsules, but nothing else. I called the number on my credit card statement. It was an accurate phone number, and I was not put on hold. I called early in the morning, and I actually spoke to someone immediately. Not that it helped getting through, however. I could have been speaking to a brick wall for all the good it did me. The man I spoke to speaks with such a heavy accent, I had to keep asking him to repeat himself. Also, there's tons of background noise and echoes, so it's very distracting to try to carry on a conversation.

After about 15 minutes of arguing with the guy (I was so frustrated I was actually yelling!), he supposedly cancelled my account, but he refused to give me a cancellation number, refund my money, or allow me to speak with a supervisor. How can they not give you a cancellation nubmer? He said it didn't matter if I called the BBB, the attorney general, or my attorney. He said they will NEVER be able to refund my money no matter who contacts them or who I contact about it. His responses were well rehearsed, and he kept saying the same exact sentences over and over.

It's obvious this is how they make their money (not by selling a legitimate product). I would NEVER put that product into my body. Who knows what's in it?! If they are this dishonest in their business practices, how can I, or anyone else, trust their product?

I called my credit card company, and they said they reversed the charges. I thought I would have to file a report or send a letter to dispute the charges, but that was it. I think it's taken care of, but after reading all the complaints and red tape people are having to go through, I'm skeptical. I am just waiting to see if I'll have to deal with this again next month.

By the way, I also ordered Bromalite at the same time and was charged by them and FitFactory.com (never even heard of this company!), both charges that were also unauthorized. Those companies agreed to cancel my "account" and refund my money. They have 30 days, so we'll see if it actually occurrs.

Longwood, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Wellness-Research-Inc-Pure-Acai-Berry-Pro/Miami-Beach-Florida-33139/Advanced-Wellness-Research-Inc-Pure-Acai-Berry-Pro-CROOKS-Stay-Away-Refused-to-refund-414781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Wellness Research, Inc. Pure Acai Berry Pro