Complaint Review: Advanced Wellness Research

• Submitted: Tue, March 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 24, 2009

• Reported By:Halifax Nova Scotia
Advanced Wellness Research
Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Advanced Wellness Research This co. is a scam advertising "free " samples of Acai berry on the internet. You only send them the shipping cost for a 2-week free trial. Then, once they get your credit card info, they deduct an amount for 78.81 from it and supposedly ship you some unauthorized amount of acai berry caps. They ripped off my VISA for $103.99 in Canada. Miami Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: OF COURSE ITS A SCAM - IT BEEN REPORTED HERE ON ROR OVER 800 TIMES ALREADY

As I state above, the internet ad indicates they will send you a 2-wk. supply of acai berry caps to try out if you send them the shipping fee (for me in Canada $11.63) I did receive a bottle of caps via UPS after a couple of weeks. Obviously, the free incentive is so this disreputable company can get your credit card info, after which they rip you off by deducting another $78.81 completely unauthorized by you! I discovered this fraud about a week after the did it when checking my VISA statement. I called VISA. They called Advanced Wellness, and someone there told me they had shipped more product to me (unauthorized, of course!) UPS. They told VISA if I then refused the delivery or shipped it back via registered mail so I'd have a receipt, etc., they would then refund the amount to my VISA card. It's been over 18 days now, and so far, no product has shown up. VISA has a note on my file and willnot charge interest, but whether I ever get my money back is a moot point thus far. Watch out for this racket!!!

I cannot call their 800 number from Canada (800-503-WELL) since most US 800 number do not work from this country, nor do I get a "live one" when I call their phone number showing on my VISA statement :866-964-1011. All I get is weird noises, rather like a fax machine. Their site is www.buypureacaiberry.com shows no way to e-mail them that I can discover.

Sylvie
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2009 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Wellness-Research/Miami-Beach-Florida-33139/Advanced-Wellness-Research-This-co-is-a-scam-advertising-free-samples-of-Acai-berry-on-437047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Wellness Research

OF COURSE ITS A SCAM - IT BEEN REPORTED HERE ON ROR OVER 800 TIMES ALREADY

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

TOO BAD YOU TOOK SO LONG TO FIGURE IT OUT!