Complaint Review: Advanta Bank Corp. (credit Card)

• Submitted: Mon, December 14, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, December 14, 2009

• Reported By: Extremely Upset 10 Year Customer! — Holiday Island Arkansas United States of America
Advanta Bank Corp. (credit Card)
P.O. Box 30715 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Advanta Bank Corp. ,credit Card Interest Rate Hike! Salt Lake City, Utah

After approximately 10 years of timely payments, never late once, Advanta notified me that the most recent, November, payment came in 2 days late and they are exercising their right to adjust the interest rate and removing the promotional rate. They refuse to reveal the new interest rate to me and let me know it will be reflected in my new bill. They also refused to allow me to speak to a Supervisor and would only provide a P.O. Box to write a letter of complaint. I was told that Supervisors do not accept calls.

I am already struggling to stay on top of my financial obligations. An increase in the interest rate will add to this burden. I'm making a sincere effort to maintain my good credit rating. Companies like this are pushing our economy deeper into recession with these types of efforts!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta-Bank-Corp-credit-Card/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/Advanta-Bank-Corp-credit-Card-Interest-Rate-Hike-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-539280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta Bank Corp. (credit Card)