Complaint Review: Advanta Bank Corp. (credit Card)

• Submitted: Sat, November 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 29, 2008

• Reported By:Chisholm Minnesota
Advanta Bank Corp. (credit Card)
www.advanta.com Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Advanta Bank Corp. (credit Card) Like many others, I had my CC rate increased (twice!) for no apparent reason Salt Lake City Utah

Well, like many others out there, I got taken to the cleaners by Advanta.

They raised my credit card rate not once, but twice within the first six months of 2008; they did so with no sound reason and my inquiries to them have been met with the utmost vagueness.

Here's my thinking: my current balance is roughly what they owe me in "back interest." Perhaps I should simply refuse to pay this balance (it is about $550) and let them either "call it even," or if they wish, we can discuss it in a court of law on their insistence, where I will have one hell of a story to tell ... one that any judge would find interesting.

Any thoughts out there on this?

(I would/could instead hire a lawyer to go after them, but I don't have any idea as of now how to go about this.)

Thanks for your attention.

Gemantel
Chisholm, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2008 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta-Bank-Corp-credit-Card/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/Advanta-Bank-Corp-credit-Card-Like-many-others-I-had-my-CC-rate-increased-twice-for-395959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta Bank Corp. (credit Card)