Complaint Review: Advanta Bank Corp

• Submitted: Fri, October 10, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2008

• Reported By:Roswell Georgia
Advanta Bank Corp
www.advanta.com Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Advanta Bank Corp Raised my business card interest rate to 36.31%. All payments were on time. All minimums were met. Credit rating >700. Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: I am filing suit against Advanta-JOIN ME

*Consumer Suggestion: CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST ADVANTA AND ADVANTA CEO DENNIS ALTER

*Consumer Comment: Class Action Lawsuit

*Consumer Suggestion: PLEASE ALSO FILE YOUR COMPLAIN TO FDIC WEBSITE

Advanta Bank Corp has been raising my interest rate from the original teaser rate almost every month or every other month since January. I have call a number of times to request a review of the account and a lower rate.

Each time I called and asked to speak with someone about lowering the interest rate I was told by the operator that she had investigated the situation (while I was on the phone) and could not offer a lower rate at that time. BUT I was welcome to call back in 90 DAYS to ask for a lower rate again. When I told her that was not acceptable she offered to have me talk to a supervisor. I have now been on hold for 30 minutes as no supervisor is available to speak with me. She has come back on the phone a few times to offer and have someone call me when it's not so busy. She said that call would happen within the NEXT WEEK.

This company is a complete rip-off and a disgrace. My next step will be to contact the government agency supposedly responsible for this in Utah but we probably all know how that will work out (see: mortgage crisis for further examples).

Ed
Roswell, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta-Bank-Corp/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/Advanta-Bank-Corp-Raised-my-business-card-interest-rate-to-3631-All-payments-were-on-ti-380172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta Bank Corp

Mike,

Hope you nail them to the tree with the law firm. Another guy has sued them and won back all his overcharged interest and attorney charges. They caved in within 2 weeks.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I have made contact with McKee Law Offices in Philadelphia and started the ball rolling to file suit on Advanta for raising rates both unfairly and illegally...and in breech of their contract.

I've already filed an FDIC complaint and got nowhere with Advanta. I also worked with the Philadelphia Business Journal to get an article published last week about that scumbag company. If you want to join me, contact me through my website at emeraldcitycoffee.net and hope to get somewhere with that. Of course, I would expect some help with legal costs...total estimate under 2k for my own case....more the merrier!!!

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#8 Consumer Suggestion

#9 Consumer Suggestion

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST ADVANTA AND ADVANTA CEO DENNIS ALTER

AUTHOR: Advanta Rip Off - (U.S.A.)

Class action lawsuit is brewing against Advanta. Reputable law firm is in process to take this case. Stay tuned.

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Typical Consumer - (U.S.A.)

I had the same problem with them jacking my interest rate to 30.05%. Please contact me at dec458@msn.com if you would like to join one of the attorney's they did the same thing to as well in a class action lawsuit against Advanta.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

PLEASE ALSO FILE YOUR COMPLAIN TO FDIC WEBSITE

AUTHOR: Advanta Rip Off - (U.S.A.)

Please do not forget to report this to rip off to FDIC as well.
Advanta Bank is regulated by FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation).

Here is the website link:

If you do not report, people like Dennis Alter will get away this type of rip-off from small business folks like you. Dennis Alter should be jailed for this crime

improvements