Complaint Review: Advanta Bank

• Submitted: Thu, November 11, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 05, 2011

• Reported By: Jojo — Altadena California United States of America
Advanta Bank

Advanta Bank Advanta Bancrop deceptive business practices, overcharging late fees, false reporting to credit bureaus Internet

*Consumer Comment: Fed up with Advanta

*Author of original report: Bank taken over again by FDIC

I have had a business account with Advanta Credit Card since 02/2008.

The account was closed in February 2009 because Advanta Bank was taken over by the FDIC.  I later received notice from the company that all accounts were closed in 02/2009.  At the time my account was closed my balance was $2,832.00. A representative contacted me from Advanta Bankcorp and began to pursue collection attempts.

My interest rate was raised without any notification to me; and when I tried to make contact through written communication I was never given the same address and I did not receive a response to my numerous letters.

I had never been late paying my account; and when I tried to make a payment that did not post and my account was accesed a $39.00 late fee.  I contacted the company made the payment and the late fee was removed from my account.

On my next billing I was accessed another $39.00 late fee. I contacted the company, all to no avail.  Even though I have made payments on time on my account since it was closed in 2009 with no further charges on my account my balance today has now increased to over 3,000.00; and reported to 3 credit bureaus that has caused me irreputable harm.

I feel the only way to put an end to this bankrupt company is for a group to get together and file a class-action lawsuit; and also request some type of congressional hearings.

Lets us this site to pull together a class-action.

(((ROR redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta-Bank/internet/Advanta-Bank-Advanta-Bancrop-deceptive-business-practices-overcharging-late-fees-false-r-660827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta Bank

Fed up with Advanta

AUTHOR: Angela - (United States of America)

I to am looking for a class action lawsuit against Advanta. I have been robbed by them way to long and I am done dealing with them. I have made my payments on time and have been told for 2 years now that they are unable to lower my rate. The rate was increased on me without notice when the company closed all accounts. Please let me know if there is a suit I can join.

Bank taken over again by FDIC

AUTHOR: Jojo - (United States of America)

In August 2010, the FDIC once again took over the operation of Advanta Bank, closed their e-mail accounts on line; and sent all collectables to a company named CARDWORKS.

I had a pending complaint with Advanta Bank prior to the August 2010 development; and trying to get information on my complaint, I was told that CARDWORKS had no prior information on Advanta Bank's account.

I am seeking assistanance on how to make contact with the FDIC.

Mamie Grant