Complaint Review: Advanta Corp

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 09, 2008

• Reported By:Davie Florida
Advanta Corp
P.O. Box 30715 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Advanta Corp How to file a class action lawsuit against Advanta Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Comment: Message to All plus special note to DEC458@MSN.COM

*Consumer Suggestion: Class Action & Skipping Payments

*Consumer Comment: PLEASE COUNT ME "IN" ON THIS ONE

If anyone can lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I would like to see if there is a chance to file a class action lawsuit against this company. I, just like all of you, have been duped by this company and had my interest rate raised to 37.18%.

When I called the company to find out why, they just gave me the run around.

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Safemike1
Davie, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2008 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta-Corp/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130/Advanta-Corp-How-to-file-a-class-action-lawsuit-against-Advanta-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-397405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta Corp

Message to All plus special note to DEC458@MSN.COM

AUTHOR: Gemantel - (U.S.A.)

Hi:

DEC458 made a good point, as there seems to be two groups involved here (the haves and have nots) with respect to success in dealing with Advanta.

It would be nice for people to post more specifics in the case(s) of success, i.e., names of specific lawyers we can all use and/or special, effective tactics.

I'd like an appropriate lawyer I could touch base with on this one, while looking at other avenues.

BTW, DEC458 I tried emailing you twice now, I'm very game to get involved in the power-in-numbers game.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Class Action & Skipping Payments

AUTHOR: DEC458@MSN.COM - (U.S.A.)

Skipping payments is going to ruin your personal credit record, since Advanta is actually a glorified personal credit card even though they claim to be a small business credit card.

I am working with an attorney in CA and NY on filing a class action lawsuit. If interested in participating, please contact me at (dec458) at (msn.com).

If you never received your opt out notice about the rate increase, and know for sure, then you could probably sue them in small claims court I would imagine. There have been a couple of people successful at it. Some have had luck getting their interest and payment rates back after closing their account with a complaint to the Utah BBB and some haven't. Not sure what the common denominator is.

PLEASE COUNT ME "IN" ON THIS ONE

AUTHOR: Gemantel - (U.S.A.)

If anyone out there has any success initiating a "class" suit, please let me know and allow me to get involved.

In the meantime, I am planning on "skipping" my payments to this crummy outfit (meaning Advanta).

We need to get something started, as a group!