• Report: #451978

• Submitted: Thu, May 14, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 14, 2009

• Reported By:Boise Idaho
Advanta Credit Card Service
P.O.Box 8088 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Advanta Credit Card Service Refusal to close zero-balance a/c Philadelphia Pennsylvania

For months I have had a zero balance and have repeatedly called and sent many letters or signed notes requesting account closure.

I am being totally ignored. When I call they either say they will do it or they need a signed letter. They report their only record of my repeated phone calls shows one notation saying I will discuss closing my account with my spouse and will let them know. They tell me they have no letters from me. Even though I authorized them to allow my spouse access, they also have refused her requests to close the account. Twice, we have both been on the phone at the same time.

The problem is that this open a/c strikes against my credit report. Theline of credit they have assigned to me is counted as a loan.

Ripped
Boise, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2009 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta-Credit-Card-Service/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19101-8088/Advanta-Credit-Card-Service-Refusal-to-close-zero-balance-ac-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-451978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta Credit Card Service