helps

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:Carlsbad California
Advanta Credit Cards For Small Business
PO Box 30715 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-7057255
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Advanta Credit Cards For Small Business 2.99% to 35.18% Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Advanta

I took advantage of the 2.99% for life balance transfer offer from Advanta Credit Card for Small Business. I made large payments monthly and several times set up the auto-pay option when offered just to insure no late payments as I travel for my business. The first time it didn't go through my rate jumped up to 19.99% which was reduced to 15.99%. The late charge was credited.

After setting it up a second time with the rep online, it happened again and my rate went up to 35.18%. When I called, the rep said I never completed the auto-pay option properly even though I had done it with a rep online. He credited the late fee and told me a lower rate of 22.99% was available for me. The next statement still showed the 35.18% and after several telephone calls (now being routed through the Spanish speaking department???)

I was told that I had late payments which resulted in the higher rate and that the rep who authorized the 22.99% did so during a payment period which was late and it was rejected by the system. Today after finally getting through to a "supervisor" I was told that due to MY late payments no lower rate was available. My credit score is over 750 and I have NO late payments with any other creditors. The irony is that Advanta increased my credit limit during this time period.

This company needs to be shut down for their unethical business practices. And to think, it's based in a state which prides itself on morality!. BTW- the CEO's name is John Moore - that's who will be receiving my letter.

Psg2irl
Carlsbad, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta-Credit-Cards-For-Small-Business/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84130-0715/Advanta-Credit-Cards-For-Small-Business-299-to-3518-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-400031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta Credit Cards For Small Business

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Advanta

AUTHOR: DEC458@MSN.COM - (U.S.A.)

Actually, Dennis Alter is their CEO in Spring House, PA. I would immediately file a claim with the Utah BBB. Many including myself have had luck getting their interest bafk after closing the account.

We are forming a group to file a class action lawsuit in 1st quarter of 2009 against Advanta. Please contact me if interested in joining.