Complaint Review: Advanta Mastercard

• Submitted: Thu, December 12, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, December 12, 2002

• Reported By:Jamestown New York
Advanta Mastercard
2080 Cabot Blvd. West West Langhorne, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Advanta Mastercard ripoff consumer rip-off hiked interest rates for no reason to 24.99 - 26.99 West Langhorne Pennsylvania

I have recently experienced a rate increase for no good reason, to 24.99% and 26.99% on cash advances. ADvanta apparently had large loan losses over the last couple years and raised all good customer's rates for no reason, just to compensate for their mismanagement for some bad loans.

So us credit card holders get the brunt of if. I have always made my payments on time and usually more than the minimum. Now, my finance charges eat up most of my payment. I am near my credit line and am not now in a position to pay it off or substantially lower it because of immense medical bills from the last year and a half (my son had cancer, but is doing fine now).

I have requested numerous times by phone and once by written letter to the head of the consumer credit dept to respectfully consider lowering my rate to help pay this off. They have FLAT OUT REFUSED TO LOWER MY RATES EVEN 1%, SAYING THAT IS THEIR POLICY, PERIOD. WHAT A BUNCH OF CONS!!!

Mr. Ralph Nader wrote a letter recently to CHEVY CHASE BANK regarding this same issue. Does anyone know how that came out, and if he could possibly put pressure on Advanta or help in this case? Possibly a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John
Jamestown, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2002 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta-Mastercard/West-Langhorne-Pennsylvania-19047/Advanta-Mastercard-ripoff-consumer-rip-off-hiked-interest-rates-for-no-reason-to-2499-2-38037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta Mastercard