Complaint Review: Advanta

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 30, 2008

• Reported By:Staten Island New York
Advanta
P.O. Box 844 Spring House, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 215-657-4000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Advanta Credit Cards for Small Business 0% APR on Balance Transfers RIP OFF! Spring House Pennsylvania

I have signed up for Advanta Small Business credit card online where they had an offer for 0% apr for 15 month. They stated no transaction fees. I transferred maximum I was given and awaited my first bill.

To my surprise, the first bill came 2 month late along with late fee, over limit fee, and transaction fee. I have called in and they stated since I already transferred maximum that I was charged for over limit. After talking to them, they agreed to give me $50 credit, which I was happy with because it was more than I expected.

After paying double the minimum, I though the headache was over. On my next bill I have found a .15 finance charge for the transaction fee they charged since it was not part of the balance transfer (since they apply your payment to lower rates balances first, there is no way to stop this until full amount is paid off), but since minimum finance charge is $1, they slapped in another dollar to my bill.

I must say this is a total rip off, I have paid the whole bill to get rid of the headaches with dealing with such a nasty company, if I didn't pay it off, they would add finance charge over and over and I can imagine by 15 month at end of offer I would have over $100 in extra fees. Do not get fooled by this company's scam, and other like it they make. Avoid Advanta no matter how tempting their offers are, they always have a catch they will never tell you about until they make you pay extra buck.

Jake
Staten Island, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta/Spring-House-Pennsylvania-19477/Advanta-Credit-Cards-for-Small-Business-0-APR-on-Balance-Transfers-RIP-OFF-Spring-House-406420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta