Complaint Review: Advanta

Advanta
www.advanta.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Advanta Unresolved Salt Lake City utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Advanta Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed in California

*Consumer Comment: Let them!

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't Quit Paying

I believed I received a letter stating that after 1/09 if I charged on my Advanta business card, my interest rate would go up to 27.9%. I did a balance transfer of 700.00 in 12/08 with a 1.99% to Advanta in order to beat this increase if I were to use the credit card in 2/09. I had no intentions of doing so. I had an interest rate of 7.99%. Suddenly, my interest rate for everything including the promotional 1.99% is 27.9% on my 12/08 (overlooked by me) and 1/09 statement. I called couldn't understand what the guy was saying( language barrier) but did get out of him that I couldn't speak to anyone else because he was the manager for the account..whatever that means. So, I tried using email three different times and was told what the rest of you have reported, except I asked for the letter that was sent to me. Instead I got a poorly copied brochure telling me with underlines of the changes that took place in 10/08 if I charged on the credit card. Believe me I never got that in the mail. They said they sent it in 9/09. Ofcourse I can't find the letter that was sent, at least not yet. They act like they don't know what I'm talking about, go figure!
Now, ppl have said close the account, don't pay the account it won't hurt you personally, and they will raise it higher if you keep it opened. So, I'm confused. My question is: "did anyone get such a letter?"

Charlene
LA, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanta/nationwide/Advanta-Unresolved-Salt-Lake-City-utah-428158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanta

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Advanta Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed in California

AUTHOR: [email protected] - (U.S.A.)

Filed June 16, 2009, Case #109CV144965 in Santa Clara County Superior Court. Ron Stern and Jack Scalfani plaintiffs vs. Advanta Bank Corp., a Utah corporation, and Advanta Corp.,a Delaware corporation Defendants. Class Action Complaint for Damages, Restitution, Injunctive and Declaratory Relief, Breach of Contract and Violations of the Unfair Competition Law and the False Advertising Act. Demand for jury trial. Attorney for plaintiffs - Arthur Levy in San Francisco. CA residents only.

Let them!

AUTHOR: Ripped-off - (U.S.A.)

After struggling to pay the abusive interest while trying to resolve my issues with Advanta, I finally decided to withhold payment, regardless of the damage to my credit. The only hold these companies have over us is the threat to our credit, and the only recourse we have to fight them is to refuse to pay. They rely on our fear of damage to our credit to keep us paying. If all consumers being abused by these despiccable credit card companies refused to pay, they would have to change their tactics. The only reason that they can continue to rape us is that we do not band together and fight back. You may have to risk your credit rating in order to fight them. They expect you to back down when they threaten to report you to the credit bureau. You can give in and pay, or you can fight and maybe win, but you cannot do both. No pain, no gain. If there is a lawsuit against Advanta, I would be proud to join in. Otherwise, just point me at the windmill...

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Don't Quit Paying

AUTHOR: [email protected] - (U.S.A.)

Advanta never reports to any of the 3 credit bureaus when you are in good standing with them. As soon as you stop paying and become late, they start reporting negative information on your personal credit report. So, if you stop paying them, they will ruin your credit rating in an attempt to get you to pay.