Complaint Review: Advantage America - Advantage American Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, November 09, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 09, 2005

• Reported By:Buchanan Michigan
Advantage America - Advantage American Benefits
Winter Park, Florida U.S.A.

Advantage America - Advantage American Benefits grant ripoff, checking account scam, fraud, fraudulent representation of IRS and US Government Winter Park Florida

At 7:20 (EST) this am, "Jason" from Advantage America (or American) Benefits called my house. "Jason" has a very heavy India accent. He claimed to be from the US government, sending "grants" to US citizens over 18 yrs old who had paid their taxes.

This "grant" was supposed to be for $12,500.00. He needed my checking acct number (ha!) so this money could be direct deposited into my account - "direct deposit is fastest and safest" he said. I expressed my concern about the possibility of a scam. He was very polite, gave me a phone number to verify his claim, & said he'd call back in 1 hour.

When "Jason" actually had the nerve to call back, he was told I was gone until late afternoon. He said he doesn't work that late, but will call back in the morning. I called SBC Ameritech's customer service. Scott at SBC was very helpful - he got me a company name to go with the number, called that number and verified that he also spoke with a man with the same heavy accent. Scott gave me the phone # for the FCC.

The FCC said they don't handle scam complaints, but the National Fraud Center does and they gave me the number: (phone number deleted - see below). I had to hit redial several times, but I did get through in under 45 minutes. The lady there was very nice, took my report with as much detail as I could give, and sounded delighted that I not only had a business name but a phone number as well.

If you have been called by these thieves at Advantage American, Please call the National Fraud Center & give them as much info as possible.

Kathy
Buchanan, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2005 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America-Advantage-American-Benefits/Winter-Park-Florida/Advantage-America-Advantage-American-Benefits-grant-ripoff-checking-account-scam-fraud-163960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America - Advantage American Benefits