Complaint Review: Advantage America, First National Government Grants

• Submitted: Mon, September 05, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, September 05, 2005

• Reported By:Pasadena California
Advantage America, First National Government Grants
Clearwater, Miami,, Florida U.S.A.

Advantage America, First National Government Grants Attempted scam -- pitiful attempt calls to my cell phone Clearwater Or Miami Florida

Note that the location information I included is based on what I've found in other reports here.

I have been receiving calls that my cell phone caller ID shows as coming from "+001819" for a few days now. I finally answered today, and a woman who identified herself as representing "Advantage America" informed me that I had qualified for a $12,500 government grant.

I told her I hadn't applied for any such thing and she said I had qualified based on my most recent tax return. I asked her how she came to have that information and repeated that I hadn't placed any inquiry into such a matter, and she hung up without trying anything else.

I Googled "+001819" when I got home and found Rip-Off Reports, but no mention of "Advantage America" so I thought I'd add this to let people know the name has changed, but it looks like the scam is the same.

Also, a few days back I received repeated phone calls from "727-683-0723". After two or three days they left a message with someone claiming to be "Dr. Black" rescheduling an operation. I was able to find out on the Internet that this number is based in Clearwater, FL. When I saw that this First National scam is connected to that area, I thought I would mention this because it seems like an unusual coincidence. I've tried calling that number back but have never received an answer.

Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2005 12:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America-First-National-Government-Grants/Clearwater-Miami-Florida/Advantage-America-First-National-Government-Grants-Attempted-scam-pitiful-attempt-call-156005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America, First National Government Grants