Complaint Review: Advantage America - Grant America

• Submitted: Thu, January 26, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2006

• Reported By:New Kensington Pennsylvania
Advantage America - Grant America
1900 HowellBranch Road Suite #4-7 Winter Park, Florida U.S.A.

Advantage America And Grant America ripoff telephone scam Winter Park Florida

I was called about 3 weeks ago, by a man named Sean Phillips. He told me I was selected to receive a 5,000. grant. He told me that there was a one time fee of 49.95 for transaction fees. I told him that I didn't have that much in my account, He told me it was okay, they will take the fee out of the account after they deposit 5,000.00 into my account. He told me that I had to have a checking account, and I told him I didn't have one, he asked me if I had any relatives or friends who would do this for me and it would be deposited, I told him yes. I got in touch with my friend, and he also called my friend at work to approve it. This took place on a Friday. He told me the money would be in my account Monday morning.When Monday came, I called her and she said it was not in there. So I waited until Tuesday to see if it was deposited, it wasn't. Then I received a welcome package in the mail. Well, when I first spoke with Sean, he told me that the package would be free for 3 mts. then if i decided i didn't want it, I could call and cancel. So when I received this welcome package it said I only had 7 days to call and cancel. When I called the rep. told me she was unable to autohrize a cancel and someone would call me back. no one called. When I recalled themn back, they told me it would take 3 mts. to get my money back. and I told them I was gonna contact the BBB and they told me go ahead. They wouldn't put a supervisor on the telephone. so if you receive a phone call from Grant America (the name they gave me the first time they contacted me) then dont give out any account info. they charged me 350.00 and never sent me any kind of money. just a letter, and a book of coupons which I have to pay for.

April
New Kensington, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2006 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America-Grant-America/Winter-Park-Florida-32792/Advantage-America-And-Grant-America-ripoff-telephone-scam-Winter-Park-Florida-173454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America - Grant America