Complaint Review: Advantage America Grants

• Submitted: Wed, December 14, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, December 14, 2005

• Reported By:Guerneville California
Advantage America Grants
1900 Howell Ranch Road Winter Park, Florida U.S.A.

Advantage America Grants ripoff by promising Grants and asking for your bank account number Winter Park Florida

We received a phone call from "Anto Thomas" from Advantage America Grants stating that we had qualified for a government grant. I replied by telling him that we had not applied for a grant. He said that I qualified anyway.

I asked him what branch of the government he was representing, and he said the IRS. I told him that I was a CPA and that the IRS does not arbitrarily give "taxpayers" grants and that I was going to report him.

I found out later that he had called earlier and asked my husband for our bank account number. I'm glad that my husband knew that it was a scam and did not give out any information.

We need to ban together and get rid of these companies. If they won't be prosecuted, than the only recourse is if all of us turn them away, they will not have any business and will eventually go out of business.

Maureen
Guerneville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2005 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America-Grants/Winter-Park-Florida-32792/Advantage-America-Grants-ripoff-by-promising-Grants-and-asking-for-your-bank-account-numbe-167941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America Grants