Complaint Review: Advantage America

• Submitted: Wed, November 09, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 09, 2005

• Reported By:clinton twp Michigan
Advantage America
Winter Park Florida , U.S.A.

Advantage America, Advantage My *** Who knew I would fall for such a ridiculous scam. Ripoff Florida

I recieved a phone call from am odd 3 digit number on my cell phone. A woman with a thick indian accent told me that I was eligable to recieve a federal grant totaling $12,500. After asking for my account number, I ACTUALLY fell for it and gave her my information. I knew it was quite odd that they made it clear that they were recording my information. After recieving my "grant number" and being told that I will be charged $49.95 for a processing I hung up with them thinking that I will have the money deposited in my account within the next couple weeks. At this point knowing that I had been fooled, I imediately called my bank and canceled all my accounts. Talk about too good to be true. I'm surprised with my self that I had falled for this. WATCH OUT! DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. The government is not that quick to give you money.

Chris
Clinton Township, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2005 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America//Advantage-America-Advantage-My-Who-knew-I-would-fall-for-such-a-ridiculous-scam-Ripo-163998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America