Complaint Review: Advantage America

• Submitted: Thu, January 05, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2006

• Reported By:hayward California
Advantage America
Hayward Hayward, California U.S.A.

Advantage America ripoff they said Grant money that is owed to me by the government Hayward California

I received a phone call today from Robin Norman . He said he had money that belonged to me in the amount of $5000.00 to 12500.00. He verified my address and wanted to know what bank I used so they could do an electronic transfer.

The red lights went off! I asked, "What company are you?" He said, "First National Benefit. This is Grant money that is owed to you by the government. I need your bank account number so we can make a deposit within 2-3 business days. He gave me his badge I.D. #04271 and the address 1866 Howard Brach Road Miami FL. 32797.

How can consumers stop these phone calls that are clearly aimed at misleading people and ripping them off of their money and possibly their identity?

I did not give bank account or routing information but I did give the name of my bank.

I called the number (866)503-7345) that he gave me automated system and no one answered. I asked her what company this was. She said, "Advantage America." Then I got on the internet to look it up and came up with this Rip-Off Report.

Dave
hayward, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2006 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America/Hayward-California-94541/Advantage-America-ripoff-they-said-Grant-money-that-is-owed-to-me-by-the-government-Haywar-170626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America