Complaint Review: Advantage America

• Submitted: Thu, January 19, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 19, 2006

• Reported By:carmichael California
Advantage America
1900 Howel Branch Rd Winter Park, Florida U.S.A.

Advantage America Aka Federal Grant Department ripoff the goverment to award me a grant of 12,500 Winter Park Florida

*Consumer Comment: Someone gave them your account number

I recevied a call from this so called company on 1/16/2006 claiming that my phone number was selected by the goverment to award me a grant of 12,500. I was told that this money would be wired into my account within a few min. of the phone call and all i had to do was leave 49.95 in the account to pay for the courier that will be delivering legal doc.'s for me to sign. I would also receive 500 in food coupons, info on goverment sponsered health insurance. and if i want the insurance in one week they would also debit my account 299.00.

All I had to do was verify the information they had on me. THey had my full address, the bank i do buisness with and the full account number. Thank god the Account the had was Closed.

I urge everyone contacted by these so called agency to put a alert on your credit reports, contact all you banks and even the phone company because they can try to get the money off of that account as well.

I was very worried because if they had all my Information without me giving it to them what else did they have (my other bank accounts or even my ssn number) Remember the Goverment never ever gives money away. You have to always apply for it, and even then you probably wont get it.

Lori
Carmichael, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2006 02:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America/Winter-Park-Florida-32792/Advantage-America-Aka-Federal-Grant-Department-ripoff-the-goverment-to-award-me-a-grant-of-172311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America

Someone gave them your account number

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Somebody HAD to give them your account info at some point, or, they just read off the routing number and not the account number. If they had the account number, they would've gone in and debited your account anyway, without calling you.

But, if you are 100% sure they had the correct account number, you should start talking to ANYONE that had access to your personal info, boyfriends, girlfriends, family.. etc. Nip this thing in the butt NOW, before you have credit cards and loans all over the place that you know nothing about.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC