Complaint Review: Advantage America

• Submitted: Fri, September 30, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 30, 2005

• Reported By:los Angeles California
Advantage America
1900 Howell Branch Road, Winterpark, Florida U.S.A.

Advantage America Advantage America is a fraud, and will use any tactic to get money from you. Be aware Winterpark Florida

On September 25,2005 I received a call from Advantage America stating that their is a grant given out and I am choosen to recive $12,000. I was asked if I am a tax payer. I asked questions and was given general answers. I made the mistake and gave him my bank account information. He then transfered me to Lisa Charles.

She said that a one time processing fee of $49.99 will be deducted from my account and I will be recieving a packet in the mail about the grant and the money will be deposited in my account in seven days. She then said that I will be chared $200.00 fee.

If I choose to cancel I will recieve the money for the year 2005 and will not receive it after. If I do not cancel then $200.00 will be deducted from my account. I kept on asking questions and she was getting very frustrated and irrated with me and became very rude. I told her I changed my mind and want to cancel.

She would not take no for an answer and said I would have to donate a set amount to chartiy. I said no and she insisted that if I cancell then a donation amount will be deducted from my account.

I did not research this ripe off scam until after I ended the conversation with her. I wish I had known about this scam. I closed my account and opened a new one, but they already charged me the $49.99.

Shirley
los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2005 02:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America/Winterpark-Florida-32792/Advantage-America-Advantage-America-is-a-fraud-and-will-use-any-tactic-to-get-money-from-158934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America