Complaint Review: Advantage America

• Updated: Wed, September 14, 2005

• Reported By:Bristow Virginia
Advantage America
Winterpark, Florida U.S.A.

Advance America, Advantage America ripoff from Advantage america Winterpark Florida

I was JUST called and told that I received a $12,500 tax payer grant. I thought it was true, because I'm in college and have been applying for college grants. The person that contacted me name was Crystal Jones ID#267 I gave her my account information AFTER I gave her the 3rd degree, and she said she was going to transfer me over to the verification department.

I was transferred and I spoke to Abigale. Abigale recorded some of my information, but I unknowingly gave her the wrong information. I gave the correct routing number and correct account number and the wrong numbers in between. At the end of the verification, they asked if I agree and accept the terms and I said NO. They were upset and I hung up.

Crystal called back and reassured me, but I couldn't shake the "bad" feeling that I had, so she transferred me again and that's when I went to google and typed in advantage america and your beware of rip-off popped up. Shawn, the second verification representative came on the line and answered my questions and as soon as he turned on the recording, I said I do not authorize this transaction, he said why and I said I see that this is a rip off and he got mad and hung up.

To make sure my money is safe, I called the bank and they told me that since I have more than 1 checking account, I can re-route everything in my second account so the rip off artist don' t access my account.

Artese
Bristow, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2005 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-America/Winterpark-Florida/Advance-America-Advantage-America-ripoff-from-Advantage-america-Winterpark-Florida-157050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage America