Complaint Review: Advantage Building Contractors Inc

• Updated: Fri, January 06, 2012

• Reported By: ProtectYourself — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Advantage Building Contractors Inc
6425 Odana Rd Ste 15 Madison, Wisconsin United States of America

Advantage Building Contractors Inc Tom Beware of Storm Chasers Who Scam You & Insurance Companies! They are just middlemen who subcontract your work for minimum wage and pockets a big chunk of the money. Madison, Wisconsin

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to David H

Advantage Building Contractors Inc. Status? Fly by Nighters incorporated in Atlanta, GA. Other Locations have been Madison,WI; Carmel, Indiana; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI. Advantage Building Contractors, Inc.7800 Metro Pkwy Ste 101, Bloomington, MN 55425-1528, 2300 Valley View Ln Ste 1030,

Irving, TX 75062-5067

Better Business Bureau Customer Review

"Stay away from this company. After waiting over a month to get my roof done i decided to get a refund, but i wasn't told there was a $2500 "consulting" fee. Even then, it took them 3 months to send me my refund and during that time i emailed twice and called twice asking for it. Each time they told me the person who does it is not in and won't be in until tommorrow and they never called or emailed me back. Worst company with the worst customer service i have ever had to deal with. [continued below]....
..... They are storm chasers, stay away!"

By  david h. on, 12/14/2011

"Spotty work They put roof on.. didn't put roof vent on properly .. Had snow blow under into attaic They also put gutters on house..  Used 1/2 screws to attach to houise.. Pulled off... they will not correct and install properly.. called service 10/14/11  woman  called back  and stated" they won't do anything". "You can call back 100 times and we are not going to do anything for you" and then hung up on me. very unprofessional..  theyare storm chasers that slip into town and leave  you high and dry..."
 By  Indiana J, on 10/14/2011

An Alert Message From the BBB States:

"According to information in the BBB files, it appears that the company is no longer in business. The phone numbers the BBB had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The BBB's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice."

Advantage Building Contractors Inc. Status at http://www.ilsos.gov is:Not in Good Standing, A foreign Corp out of Minnesota. President of Company is LYNN SUTTON 1327A BOYD AVE NW,ATLANTA, GA 30318 & Secretary is PATRICIA SUMMERS 1327A BOYD AVE NW, ATLANTA, GA 30318.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2012 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Building-Contractors-Inc/Madison-Wisconsin-53719/Advantage-Building-Contractors-Inc-Tom-Beware-of-Storm-Chasers-Who-Scam-You-Insurance-Co-818846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Building Contractors Inc

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to David H

AUTHOR: Trish Summers - (United States of America)

This is in response to Mr. David H's complaint. I spoke and corresponded with Mr. H on several occasions. First of all, as a matter of doing business with integrity, we released Mr. H from his contract with us and never performed work due to the financial hardship it would have imposed on him. During my numerous conversations with him and documented evidence that he was filing for bankruptcy, I did not feel it was in his best interest or my company's best interest to move forward with the contract. His money was refunded and his check has been cashed. Since his refund was sent back to him, he subsequently asked us to move forward with the work because he felt his financial situation would get better. While I hope his financial affairs get better, I declined the invitation for my company to enter into another contract with him based on many factors, some of which I do not feel I should disclose.

I apologized to Mr. H for several things. There were some things we could have done better as a company. Unfortunately there were some actions taken by one of my employees that I did not agree with, but have since apologized to Mr. H and subsequently the employee is no longer with us and is very disgruntled. Regardless, I took full responsibility and hopefully Mr. H will be so kind as to accept my apologies.

We are a professional organization. We are a veteran and women owned company and perhaps a little different from other companies in our ownership. We just completed multi-million dollar projects on the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, our corporate homebase. It started out as one project, but because of our committment to workmanship and integrity, we were awarded several more projects since the initial award. In Septemeber 2011, we also completed a project for the flagship research facility for the United States Department of Agriculture in Peoria, Illinois. All federal projects require bonding and due to our SBA 8(a) status, background checks and financial solvency have also been checked. It will be up to our consumers to weed through some of the fabrications mentioned in this complaint.

Our BBB status is being updated which is a normal occurrence upon renewal. Our status has never been lower than an A rating. Mistakes sometimes happen and we make every effort to resolve them fairly and quickly.

If you are considering doing business with us, please feel free to call our corporate office at 404-688-9590. You can see for yourself in what manner my staff answers the phones, but I can assure you they are always professional and courteous.

As always, the public is invited to visit us at www.AdvantageBuildingContractors.com. To Mr. H, I am sorry you felt it was necessary to post this complaint. I know you are working through very tough times and sincerely hope it will get better for you.