Complaint Review: Advantage Capital

• Submitted: Wed, February 12, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, February 12, 2003

• Reported By:San Diego California
Advantage Capital
502 N DIVISION ST CARSON CITY, Nevada U.S.A.

Advantage Capital consumer fraud ripoff scam CARSON CITY Nevada

I was contacted by Advantage Capital 2-4-02, regarding a credit card. I was told they would deduct $19.95 from my checking acct the following day, which they did. I was also told that there would be a fee of $59.95 and also a fee of $99.95, which I specifically asked them if this would be charged to the card. They said "yes". To my amazement, these amounts were deducted from my checking acct on the 25th of February 2002, causing me
so many bounced checks, my credit union closed my account.

I contacted Advantage Capital immediately and requested a refund, in doing so I had to cancel the credit card. Since I had received nothing on the card I did so. On March 8, 2002, I received their packet, which included the introductory letter stating I had 7 days "free" trial before they were to deduct the additional monies. I returned their packet with the auth # and was told I would be refunded within a few weeks.

Since my Credit Union closed my account, it became a bigger problem and was told I would have to fill out different paperwork which I never received. I called several times, to leave messages to no avail. I finally got through and was told to send a copy of my bank statement and a special code to enclose. I sent certified and they received 10/30/02. I have received no response and can not reach them by phone.

Ever since this, I have been real nasty to people wanting to give me a credit card, first question I ask is "how much is it going to cost me?", and I eventually hang up. I am frustrated!!

Ronda
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2003 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Capital/CARSON-CITY-Nevada-89703/Advantage-Capital-consumer-fraud-ripoff-scam-CARSON-CITY-Nevada-45226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Capital