• Report: #20333

• Submitted: Tue, May 07, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, May 07, 2002

• Reported By:Saco ME
Advantage Capital
502 N. Davison St. Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

Advantage Capital ripoff Carson City Nevada

*0:

I was contacted by this company saying they were going to send me an informational package regarding a credit card, for a fee of $19.95. I accepted, wanting to build my credit up.

They said if i accepted, i would be charged a one time processing fee of 99.95, and a yearly fee of 59.95. I never got any information from this company regarding the card, however 54.90 was debited from my checking account for an Advantage Long Distance calling card.

I promptly called and got the money refunded and the account canceled. However the phone number listed for Advantage Capital, 1-866-416-0668 doesn't get me ahold of Advantage Capital, but an "overflow center" as the guy called it. I guess this is a place where their calls go, since i have called 7 times and they have been "busy" every time.

According to the "representative" they take my name and phone number down, and a "representative" will get ahold of me. I have done this twice, and never gotten a call back.

The last time i called, i demanded to speak with a manager. The guy told me that the managers were in a meeting, but they wouldn't be able to help me anyways, because they didn't have any computers or anything there, they just took the name and number of the "customer" and sent it to a "representative" to call back and didn't actually handle customer issues. Sounds a little more than fishy to me.

I will be sending letters to the FBI, The SEC, FTC and have already sent a letter to the BBB. My checking account is about to be overdrawn, and my rent check is going to bounce because of this.

James
Saco, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2002 05:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Capital/Carson-City-Nevada-89701/Advantage-Capital-ripoff-Carson-City-Nevada-20333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Capital

#1 0

AUTHOR: - ()

In order to get your money back, contact your bank. They have an Affidavit of Unauthorized Transaction. Fill it out, and you should get your money back.