Complaint Review: Advantage Capital

• Submitted: Mon, December 30, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, December 30, 2002

• Reported By:Meridian Mississippi
Advantage Capital
502 North Division Street Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

Advantage Capital Premium Mega Savers ripoff ripoff deception Carson City Nevada

I was contacted by a Advantage Capital with an offer for a unsecure master card with a one time processing fee of $99.00. Along with the master card offer a packet of money saving offers were included with a 7-day trial.

A couple of days later the packet arrived by federal express. Upon examining the packet, I found that everything that they were offering in the packet, I already had.

I also found that there was no unsecure master card included in the packet. Rather there was a xeroxed form that required an additional amount to be inclosed with it to another company for them to locate a company that would issue me a mastercard. I promptly got on the telephone with the company and cancelled my membership. Imagine to my surprise when I received my bank statement and saw that they had debited my account for $59.99 and $99.95 dollars.

Well after several calls to the company and receiving assurance that my account was canceled I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor informed me that in order for my account to be cancelled, I must return the packet intact and attach a special code that they gave me on the outside of the envelop. The details that I was given by the person that I was talking to were so intricate that I had him to repeat them to me in a step by step format. When I finished talking to him, I immediately called my bank because I cancelled the membership a few minutes after I received the packet.

My bank reversed the fees and I thought that they reimburse the fees to me. I did not know that they did not return my fees until I realized that $54.90 has been debited from my account since April 02 for a Premium Mega Saver telephone card which I am now being told are a part of that packet.

I am going to see a lawyer in the morning and see if their is any legal recourse that can be taken against these people. I need your help to stop them and try to get our money back. If there is anyone that did not return one of those packet back to Advantage Capital, please let me know. I would like to take a copy to my lawyer and let him see what these people are offering and to let him see that little information sheet that tells you how to cancel your membership. We can stop these people if we stop complaining and ban together. I don't mean to get rich, but to let them know that we are not stupid.

Kate
Meridian, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2002 11:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Capital/Carson-City-Nevada-89703/Advantage-Capital-Premium-Mega-Savers-ripoff-ripoff-deception-Carson-City-Nevada-39608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Capital