Complaint Review: Advantage Car Rental

• Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: Arnold — El Granada California United States of America
Advantage Car Rental
Cabo Del San Jose, Select State/Province Mexico

Advantage Car Rental Franchise Services of North America Inc.; formerly owned by Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. apparent "bait & switch" tactics Cabo Del San Jose, Mexico

On 12/21/12 upon arriving at the "Advantage Car Rental - Hertz" facility at the Cabo Del San Jose Airport, the counter-person, Daniel B.,  said: "Yes. I see your reservation, but cannot give you a vehicle for the quoted price. I can give you a vehicle for [i.e., twice the quote]. Take it or leave it. I protested. At this point, the "buy-a-condo" salesman came over to me, pulled me aside and stated that if I'd agree to attending an hour & one-half presentation, he could get me the car type I had reserved from this location at the price stated. Outraged, I left.

A few hours later, at my hotel, I heard six others who had been treated the same way by Advantage - Hertz file" at the same location.

On 12/31/12, when I spoke to Andrew, employee # AGS24, at Advantage, he stated: (1) He could not tell me the address of his employer. (2) He could give me no information about my reservation. (3) He claimed that Advantage Car Rental was "not responsible" because the reservation had been made before December 12 and Hertz had sold Advantage on December 12. I blame Hertz Global Holding, Inc. (aka Hertz Rental Car, Hertz, Inc.) because it sold my reservation (as an asset of Advantage), it made sure that I knew to  go to the MX Advantage location and "ask for the 'Hertz file'," and then abandoned me to a new company which acted unscrupulously in my opinion. I, also, blame Franchise Services of North America Inc. which is a sophisticated operator/owner of vehicle rental companies (Xpress Rent a Car, U-Save, Rent-a-Wreck) and probably knew that there had been a sub-standard preparation for hand-over of business, especially at Holiday-time.

Due to the fact that Hertz took over Thrify-Dollar rental cars group - thus having to sell Advantage to satisfy regulators- do not be surprised by confusion and refusal to accept responsibility from Hertz and Franchise Services of North America Inc. and their subsidiaries in 2013.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2012 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Car-Rental/Cabo-Del-San-Jose-Select-StateProvince-/Advantage-Car-Rental-Franchise-Services-of-North-America-Inc-formerly-owned-by-Hertz-Glo-989396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Car Rental