liquid

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Paul N — San Francisco California
Advantage Car Rental
Burband CA airport Internet United States of America

Advantage Car Rental Policy of renting car with not full tank and requiring it be returned full, Internet

I rented a car on April 24 2013 at the Advantage Car Rental at the Burbank airport.  I chose the option of refilling the tank before return rather than pay nearly $8 per gallon.  I returned it the next day, having driven 11 miles.  I filled the tank before return, which took more than 1.3 gallons.   When I complained that I could not possibly have used 1.3 gallons to drive 11 miles in a Nissan Altima, I was told (1) they do not top off tanks, but only look to see where the gauge needle is, and if it is on "F" it is full.

But they require that the tank be returned with a "full tank" or pay outrageous refilling rates without saying you can draw a similar judgment in your own favor.  So you are stuck paying those rates anyway since the tank doesn't go out full.  When I asked for a refund of the gas I had to buy for them because they did not fill the tank full when I rented it, they said "it is not our policy to give refunds to customers."  This is a true fraud on customers to represent to them that the tank is full and they return it full when they know it is not.  See Aron v. U-Haul Inc.  I will never rent from these crooks again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Car-Rental/internet/Advantage-Car-Rental-Policy-of-renting-car-with-not-full-tank-and-requiring-it-be-returne-1046236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Car Rental