Complaint Review: Advantage Ford

• Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012

• Reported By: gdelallo — Palm City Florida United States of America
Advantage Ford
4000 SE Federal Hwy. Internet United States of America

Advantage Ford Ripoff dealership. They will do their best to take your money. Internet

Every time I visit this Ford dealer, Advantage Ford, Stuart, FL, I have an issue.  My original purchase (2012 Focus) was a lemon so they allowed me to give them $5000 more of my money to make it better by letting me buy a 2012 Fusion.  Hid the fact that my loan balance went up by $5000 for the same monthly payment.  Extremely deceptive dealership.

Now for the service dept.  Their normal practice is to rip off the customer and then apologize. Went in on 12/22 for a routine oil change at 8,000 miles and check my chargers as both had stopped working (I surmised it was fuses).  I was giving 2 free oil changes when I got the Fusion because of the lemon they sold me.  When I went to pick up car, cashier told me I did not have any free oil changes and it was not the fuses.  I needed to make another appointment for the chargers  Made me pay $45 to get my car.  I went over to the business manager that sold me car and he confirmed I had 2 free changes and apologized for the inconvenience.  Told me next oil would be free.

I returned on 12/26 as both my chargers in car were still not working. After approx. 20 minutes, I was told it was the fuses and I blew them.  I was subsequently charged $138 to replace two (2) $3.00 fuses that took about 2 minutes to replace. They charged me $107 for labor (I guess the diagnostic fee but I wasn't told) and was also charged $16.69 shop supply fee and a $.99 Admin fee.  None of these fees where explained or agreed to. I was told by the service rep I had no choice but to pay it.  So I got charged $138 for 2 fuses and 2 minutes of work.

Can you say ripoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Ford/internet/Advantage-Ford-Ripoff-dealership-They-will-do-their-best-to-take-your-money-Internet-987071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Ford