Complaint Review: Advantage Promotions

• Submitted: Sat, April 14, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, April 14, 2012

• Reported By: annonymous — Dunwoody Georgia United States of America
Advantage Promotions
2015 Ayrsley Town Boulevard, Suite 202 Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Advantage Promotions All Sports Marketing Total Rip-off Charlotte, North Carolina

I was interview by a female named Lyndsay and later hired, via phone, by a man named Larry O'Brien - both from Charlotte. The company was called All Sports Marketing. I did my research online and found nothing bad about All Sports. Boy, was I in for a shock a few days later. These con artists have apparently operated for some time throughout the U.S. They hire people to sell advertising on sports posters for high schools, colleges, and minor league teams for which they supposedly have a contract to do so. My experience showed that they do not have agreements with these organizations. I was conned into doing the "test day" in the field plus another few days before I found these crooks real company name; Advantage Promotions. I was asked to leave one business because, as I spoke to the manager about the sponsorship, another fellow happened to be standing there listening. His wife was on the board of the Booster club at the high school I was supposedly "working for". He strongly suggested that I was not being honest and I was abruptly told to leave the premises.

I immediately fired up my laptop and looked up Advantage Promotions and, man, they have a long list of complaints -mostly from "employees" who were conned and never got paid. Add me to the list too. I spend about $150 for a week driving around one area. I submitted my invoice for that amount, plus the days I worked totalling around $600 bucks. Well, I made many, many phone calls to Larry to find out the status of my money. I got voice mail every time and no return call. I called "HR" and they passed the buck back to Larry. Wouldn't "HR" be more likely to handle payroll than the sales manager? Yes, they would.

I admit that I made a terrible mistake and was foolish to take this "job". My point in posting this is to warn everyone to completely, totally, stay away from this company! Be forewarned!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2012 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Promotions/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28273/Advantage-Promotions-All-Sports-Marketing-Total-Rip-off-Charlotte-North-Carolina-868645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Promotions