Complaint Review: Advantage Rent-a-Car

• Reported By: Jamie — Hunt Valley Maryland
Advantage Rent-a-Car
Denver International Airport Aurora, Colorado USA

Advantage Rent-a-Car Stranded for 7 hours with no compensation Denver Colorado

The car I rented from Advantage at the Denver airport gave out an hour west of Denver on I-70 into the mountains.  I was stranded on the highway for more than 7 hours before they replaced the car.  It took three hours to contact anyone from the Denver facility and then I was repeatedly lied to about the time they would arrive.

By the time they arrived and swapped the car, there were not hotels available, so I had to drive up to a high-priced resort to find a place to sleep.  During this time and for the remainder of the trip, I had no communication from the company, only the roadside phone service and the driver.

When I returned the replacement car, I was told the site manager did not have authorization to reimburse me for the hotel or make any adjustment.  I was promised a call from the city manager.  I left to catch a plane and did not hear from anyone, nor has their been an adjustment.  I called and filed a complaint over the phone and was again promised a follow up.  There has been no response after almost a month.

I have filed a BBB complaint, but there has been no response to them either.  Do not rent from these people--the few dollars you save are not worth the risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 05:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Rent-a-Car/Aurora-Colorado/Advantage-Rent-a-Car-Stranded-for-7-hours-with-no-compensation-Denver-Colorado-1079038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Rent-a-Car