Complaint Review: Advantage Rent-a-Car

• Updated: Mon, August 12, 2013

• Reported By: ana — Ormond Beach Florida
Advantage Rent-a-Car
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Advantage Rent-a-Car Stealing my $200.00 "deposit" money for 7 - 10 days Milwaukee Wisconsin

On Sunday, August 4, I rented a Nissan Sentra from Advantage Rent a Car at Mitchell Field Airport in Milwaukee, WI.  I declined all of the "extras", but took the opton to bring back the vehicle closest to empty and have the agency charge me $3.31 per gallon instead of the going rate of $3.55. No problem, however...on Monday, August 12, while checking the balance of my charge account, I discovered that Advantage had kept my $200.00 deposit.

So, I called the 800 number to Advantage Rent-a-Car and was told by the service rep that I would get my money back in 7 - 10 days!!!  I asked to speak with the manager and he told me that it wouldn't do any good, I wouldn't get my money back any earlier.  I advised him that I still wanted to speak wth him.  He made me wait for 10 - 12 mins and then stated, "ok, I'm transferring to the supervisor" which was a recording stating they weren't taking any calls.

THIS COMPANY LURES YOU IN WITH LOWER THAN OTHER RENTAL AGENCY RATES AND THEN STEALS YOUR MONEY FOR THEIR OWN USE, PROBABLY ON INTEREST ACCRUAL OR SOME OTHER SCAM. THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN RETURNED...THERE IS NO NEED TO TAKE A CUSTOMERS DEPOSIT AND USE IT FOR THEIR OWN EVIL DEVICES....DO NOT RENT FROM ADVANTAGE RENT-A-CAR...THEY ARE PRIMARILY AT AIRPORTS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Rent-a-Car/Milwaukee-Wisconsin/Advantage-Rent-a-Car-Stealing-my-20000-deposit-money-for-7-10-days-Milwaukee-Wiscon-1075105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Rent-a-Car