Complaint Review: Advantage Tire & Auto

• Submitted: Wed, October 16, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, October 16, 2002

• Reported By:Oldsmar Fl
Advantage Tire & Auto
Race Track Road Oldsmar, Florida U.S.A.

Advantage Tire & Auto ripoff mistreated and ripped off Oldsmar Florida

I am a single female that has a "geriatric" Ford (8 years old) in need of mechanical attention. I went to Advanced Tire & Auto hoping they would help me with a "lights on the dash" problem. To make a long story short...all they did was charge me $85 for an engine diagnostic test to find the problem and then proceeded to disconnect the engine light cable from it's designated spot. Everything was fine until I drove my car to Key West and ended up on the side of the road. Thank God for road side assistance. The bottom line is I would have never been in this spot had my car been repaired properly. DON'T GO TO ADVANCED TIRE & AUTO.
NOTE: To make matters worse...I was called "honey", "sweetie" and "darlin" by the reception attendant. Like i'd known him all my life...NOT.

Oldsmar, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2002 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantage-Tire-Auto/Oldsmar-Florida-34677/Advantage-Tire-Auto-ripoff-mistreated-and-ripped-off-Oldsmar-Florida-32752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantage Tire & Auto