Complaint Review: AdvantageCapital, PMS, Capital First

• Submitted: Mon, August 26, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, August 26, 2002

• Reported By:Elm Mott TX
AdvantageCapital, PMS, Capital First
502 North Division Street Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

Advantage Capital PMS Capital First; consumer rip-off frauds. Carson City, Nevada

This company uses misleading tactics to get your business. They call stating that you've been approved for a credit card with a limit of $2500 and then state that if you pay a one time fee of $99.95,a MasterCard will be issued.

They drew the $99.95 from my account on 5/31/02. Then I waited. Then I called and they said it was still on temporary status and but they would rush it and issue the card. Then I could make deposits to the card (it is a pay-as-you-go card).

That was two weeks ago. Today the card arrived with a letter informing me that it is a temporary card. This is a card with a number, the MC symbol and my name, but not much else.

The letter informed me that I should call to activate the permanent card and they will instruct me on how to make my deposits and receive the rules for the card. When the permanent card arrives I am to pay them $4.95 per month maintenance fee. That's on top of the $99.95 annual fee.

I called to tell them that I was really not interested in their bait and switch tactics. They looked up my account and guess what!... no record of me or an account. Even though I have a card in my hand and a letter from them. Therefore, they refused to talk to me.

Here's what I need. My $99.95 that was withdrawn, plus the $59.95 they also took out of my account. This is a total of $159.90. I would also like the $25.00 they withdrew on 8/14/02 returned. I have no idea why this was drawn from my account. We are now up to $184.90.

The original call also offered a special package called Premium Megasaver Program (that's where the PMS comes in) for a flat rate of $59.95 which would provide airline discounts, hotel freebies, etc. They have now made two withdrawals from my account of $54.90 for this program - without my permission. WHen I called about this they said I was supposed to cancel within 7 days if I didn't want the program. Who knew?

This company has violated several laws but it is probably more expensive than I can handle to go after them. I have put a block on my account to prevent further withdrawals. I plan to change my account number tomorrow. THe block cost me another $28.

Totla of this fraud is now $220.70 . . .

Elm Mott, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2002 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AdvantageCapital-PMS-Capital-First/Carson-City-Nevada-89703/Advantage-Capital-PMS-Capital-First-consumer-rip-off-frauds-Carson-City-Nevada-28079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AdvantageCapital, PMS, Capital First