Complaint Review: AdvantageCapital

• Submitted: Mon, August 26, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, September 09, 2002

• Reported By:Elm Mott TX
AdvantageCapital
502 North Division Street Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

Advantage Capital ripoff consumer rip-off credit card fraud Carson City Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: I got my money back- here's how!

This company uses misleading tactics to get your business. They call stating that you've been approved for a credit card with a limit of $2500 and then state that if you pay a one time fee of $99.95,a MasterCard will be issued.

They drew the $99.95 from my account on 5/31/02. Then I waited. Then I called and they said it was still on temporary status and but they would rush it and issue the card. Then I could make deposits to the card (it is a pay-as-you-go card).

That was two weeks ago. Today the card arrived with a letter informing me that it is a tmeporary card. WHen the permanent card arrives I am to make my deposits and pay them $4.95 per month maintenance fee. THat's on top of the $99.95 annual fee.

I called to tell them that I was really not intrested in their bait and switch tactics. They looked up my account and Guess what!... no record of me or an account. Even though I have a card in my hand and a letter from them.

Here's what I need. My $99.95 that was withdrawn, plus the $59.95 they also took out of my account. This is a total of $159.90.

I would also like the $25.00 they withdrew on 8/14/02 returned. Have no idea why this was drwan from the account. We are now up to $184.90.

Susan
Elm Mott, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2002 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AdvantageCapital/Carson-City-Nevada-89703/Advantage-Capital-ripoff-consumer-rip-off-credit-card-fraud-Carson-City-Nevada-28038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AdvantageCapital

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I got my money back- here's how!

AUTHOR: Rochelle - ()

Same thing happened to me ditto.

What I did was: found the Attourney General site
online for my state. They have a complaint page
you can fill out. You need address and phone # etc of these scammer companies. If you don't have them just read through these complaints
and you can get the addresses for Ephone and this
"Homeowner Protection" balogna company they gave your bank account number to.

Next go to Better Business Bureau online. Do the same thing on all three companies. I am so grateful these 2 agencies exist, because within 3-4 months the money was debited back into my account. I was happily surprised.

It was tough though for the 1st 3 months. Checks
bounced because I had no idea this money was going to go out when I had allotted it for
my regular bill payments.

But DO do these 2 steps. They're really simple
and I am greatful to God that he cares about us
simple people and lets us get our money back.
It will work for you too if you just get them
where it counts. REPUTATION AND TV is the
next place all these online reports go to in Ohio
to protect the rest of the citizens here.
To cover their butts, they give the money back.

I figured all the constructive "stink" I could
put on them would help either get my money back
or put them on a list for the "AG" to report
locally on tv in Ohio to watch for as the latest phone scam going around. Good Luck! Good Fortune!
Get your victory!!!