Complaint Review: Advantageamerica

• Submitted: Thu, January 26, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2006

• Reported By:23434 Virginia
1900 Howell Brach Road Winter Park, Florida U.S.A.

Advantage America Bank account grant ripoff Winter Park Florida

I received a phone call January 22, 2006 around 8 or 9 pm. They had identified themselves as U.S. Grants.
They told me that i would be recieving a $4500 grant since my number was given to them. I spoke to someone who said his name was Max Miller.They also told me that they were located in Miami, Fl.

they said there would be a one time transfer fee of 49.95. I called the bank the next day and told them what happened. I also called the online school I am taking courses with and spoke to my finacial counselor. She told me it sounded like a scam. I happened to look up the name i found had cashed a check which had withdrawn $49.95 out of my account.

I tried to call the number given to me and all i keep on getting is a message thats says "All customer service reps are currently with other people someone will be with you shortly".

It sounded funny to me that this had happened to me. I told them on the phone i had just lost my job the week before christmas and did not have any money in my account. They assured me that the $49.95 would not be taken out untill the $4000 was put in there on monday. I still have not seen it.

I was supposed to reiceve a package within 4-5 days will all the information on my grant and i was told to fill them out and send one set back. I printed a copy of the check from my online account information so i could try to call and see what was going on. now i am affraid they are going to serouisly rip off my account and i am barely making it as it is.

Please if you have been ripped off by them to send in your info on them. We deserve to be paid back everything and more by these rip offs. The people who called sounded like they were phillipean or something. So pay close attention if you get a call. Ask a whole lot of questions. I did and it still happened to me.

Suffolk, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2006 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advantageamerica/Winter-Park-Florida/Advantage-America-Bank-account-grant-ripoff-Winter-Park-Florida-173469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advantageamerica