surrender

• Submitted: Tue, May 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 20, 2008

• Reported By:North East Maryland
Advent Product Development - Blackburn
10 North Calvert St. Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Advent Product Development Blackburn Advent Got Me Too! Baltimore Maryland

As I read other reports on Advent, I was kicking myself in the rear end for not doing my research on this company before agreeing to pay them $1190. My experiences mirror everyone else's.. so when the 12th week came (this is when the product development research report is supposedly completed) and they phoned me to come in and discuss it with them I told Mr Blackburn that I had done research on his company and that we wouldn't conduct any more business. I then asked him to mail the product to me, to which he agreed and we ended our phone call.

Approximately 3 weeks later I phoned Mr Blackburn stating that I had not received the product of their research. He claimed that he mailed it to an alternate address (although my address is written VERY clearly and in Mr Backburn's own hand on all the documents) and that when he got it back he would mail it to the correct address. Incidently, the address he supposedly mailed it to is my next door neighbor with whom I am very good friends. Had they received a piece of mail with my name an their address, they would have given it to me, or at least mentioned that it had occurred.

After not receiving my product for another month, I tried more phone calls and have left numerous messages. None of my phone calls have been returned and when I phoned them just today someone other than Mr Blackburn answered the phone and asked my name, I then heard them tell Mr Blackburn that I was on the line, and the phone linbe then went dead. Convenient!

I've just gotten off the phone with my bank to dispute the charges in this business dealing as I have not received any product at all.

PLEASE do not use Advent for any ideas you actually wish to develop, they are clearly not in the business of actually developing products. It seems that their business ends once you have agreed to pay them money for canned (from all information I have read about them) reports. I couldn't even get that out of them!

Dann
North East, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2008 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advent-Product-Development-Blackburn/Baltimore-Maryland-21202/Advent-Product-Development-Blackburn-Advent-Got-Me-Too-Baltimore-Maryland-333764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advent Product Development - Blackburn