Complaint Review: Advent Product Development

• Updated: Wed, December 28, 2011

• Reported By: Sherard — Delmar Delaware United States of America
Advent Product Development
313 Commerce Drive Pawleys Island, South Carolina United States of America

Advent Product Development LIARS, CHEATERS, AND RIPOFFS! HAVE NO PROBLEM TAKING YOUR MONEY AND RUNNING Pawleys Island, South Carolina

I contacted this company in 2005 to pursue an invention. This company has alot of open ending problems. They claimed they would contact potential manufacturers, make a brochure, make a virtual prototype, trade show appearances and much more..........NOTHING was done.

I paid over $12,500 and it was sent to patent office through an attorney of their choice. Just recently I received paperwork indicated the product was already patented.  This was something the company claimed they would check in Phase I.  Obviously, that was a LIE too!

Never once did the company contact myself about the product, I contacted them for updates and normally was told the same thing that it was in marketing.   I was told one time that list went out to manufacturers for my product.  Shortly thereafter my contract ended and I was told I had to continue to follow through with selling the product. [continued below]....
.....

Approximately, a month ago I tried to contact Advent in SC. only to discover the number has been disconnected. According to the attorney handling the patent application which costs an additional $500, she said "that Advent tanked".  She claims she doesn't know what happened to them.  This is an attorney that Advent choice to do their patents so I believed she was lying then also.

On December 23, 2011, I received a packet of information in the mail stating the patent was obtained by someone else in 1997.  I have emailed the attorney handling the paperwork and no one has contacted me back as of December 28, 2011 at 0320.

This has cost me a great deal of money, time, effort and frustration.  I have lost my home, car and many other things while trying to pay this money to a LYING, CHEATING, MANIPULATING company!  I would like any information on how we can obtain the money back. Thank You in Advance

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 01:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advent-Product-Development/Pawleys-Island-South-Carolina-29585/Advent-Product-Development-LIARS-CHEATERS-AND-RIPOFFS-HAVE-NO-PROBLEM-TAKING-YOUR-MO-814680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advent Product Development