Complaint Review: Advent Product Development

• Submitted: Fri, December 29, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 15, 2009

• Reported By:Upper Falls Maryland
Advent Product Development
313 Commerce Drive Pawsley's Island, South Carolina U.S.A.

Advent Product Development poorly done patent research on utility paten already there leaves me in poor house Pawsley's Island South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: I feel for you

Advent did a research on an invention that I had to see if there was another patent or idea similiar to mine. They did a very poor search leading me to beleive I had a good invention.

So many thousands of dollars later I still had to go to a patent lawyer to finalize what I thought was my idea. To my suprise there is already a utility patent on my (or what I thought was my idea.)

I have spent alot of money on this and now cannot do anything with this because someone else already has this utility patent.

Shelley
Upper Falls, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2006 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advent-Product-Development/Pawsleys-Island-South-Carolina-29585/Advent-Product-Development-poorly-done-patent-research-on-utility-paten-already-there-leav-227877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advent Product Development

AUTHOR: Kyle.c - (U.S.A.)

I was apart of advent product development a while ago and I paid over $800 for an $1100 patent search. and they told me I had to pay off the rest of my patent search (which took 3 months) in monthly payments. And my invention is a good one, and now I am so upset with them, because they really dont get you to be rich eventually based on what ive seen on this site, and I totally believe all of you, I was going to have to pay $8,400 for a patent, (so they said) and they were probably lying to me, I was'nt really gonna get a patent on my invention, possibly because either somebody already got a patent on my invention or the so called "A.P.D" was lying to me when they said to me that they help people file for patents. I wish I could sew them, if I could I would.

I feel for you

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Here is some reading fot you:

inventored.org/caution/advent/
Read everything carefully as it may give you some insight as to how to get a refund.

File a complaint with the Attorney General in their state, the USPTO, and Federal Trade Commission.

NY Attorney General contact info:
oag.state.ny.us/contact.html

USPTO complaint form-download, fill out, and make a copy:
uspto.gov/web/forms/2048.pdf

How to get info to the FTC:
fraud.org/info/contactnfic.htm

You can also goggle "invention submission" and come up with a lot of interesting info.

Good Luck