Complaint Review: Advent Product Development

• Submitted: Sun, January 28, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 29, 2007

• Reported By:Colts Neck New Jersey
Advent Product Development
www.adventproductdevelopment.com Saint Pawley Island, Alberta U.S.A.

Advent Product Development Total Scam And Ripoff Saint Pawley Island South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Wow-didn't realize these guys were still around.

In May of 2004 I contacted Advent about my invention. After paying 3000 dollars for a patent search and market report I recieved (about 3 months later) a thick binder explaining the marketability of my invention and a search result showing that my invention had not yet been patented.

It was all a lie. Even though the product was not on the market yet it had already been patented in 1996. If they told me this (which I am sure they knew) they would not have gotten anyn more money from me. Instead they played me like a violin. What a sucker I was to believe anything they told me.

Thinking that I had a winner I jumped in feet first and gave them another 8500 dollars to develop my product and help find a manufacture. Talk about throwing good money after bad. Than 3000 dollars to a patent attorny to file a 20 year utility patent.

I than recieved a call from them telling me that my relationship with them was expired and their obligation to me had been fullfiled. For my money I got a cheap pamplet and a news letter telling me they submitted my product to various entities. By all means stay away from this company. They should be in prison for mail fraud.

Kenneth
Colts Neck, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2007 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advent-Product-Development/Saint-Pawley-Island-Alberta/Advent-Product-Development-Total-Scam-And-Ripoff-Saint-Pawley-Island-South-Carolina-233119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advent Product Development

Wow-didn't realize these guys were still around.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

You can google "invention submission" and see if you can find others who have the same problem as well as read this page:

inventored.org/caution/advent/

File a complaint with the Attorney General in SC if that's where their main office is now:

uspto.gov/web/offices/com/iip/index.htm

Also file a complaint with the FTC as they have been found to have violations against them before as referenced on the page of the inventored link.

These invention submission companies a scum and need to be stopped.