• Report: #71991

Complaint Review: Advocare

• Submitted: Sat, November 15, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, April 10, 2012

• Reported By:nashville Tennessee
advocare.com Corrollton, Texas U.S.A.

Advocare Advocare is a rip off with bad products Corrollton Texas

*Consumer Comment: Bad Representation

*General Comment: Confusing report from Marvin on AdvoCare

*Consumer Comment: Be professional if defending a product

*Consumer Comment: Completely false report

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Really, I hope you are not lying to defend yourself .

*UPDATE Employee: Cowards they have to find excuses and allibies for themselves

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sincere and Objective about AdvoCare

I was introduced to advocare in the beginning of Jan 03. A guy by the name of Chris steg kept bugging me about join the business to make money. Well, before I signed up, they lied to me telling me what I wanted to hear to join the business. To get into the business a person must spent 2,100.00 to start out at a high level in the business. Once you do that in order to get paid you must spend $300 or $600 every two weeks in order to get paid.

Advocare is a business that sells vitamins. I started to sell the vitamins to people and they started to get sick of the vitamins. People started coming from Texas to Tennessee to get people to sign up and make them money. Wes Buewley and Danny Mcdaniels are two of the biggest scams ever to scam people.

Wes buewley is a 21 year old kid that goes around telling people he is making 10,000 a month driving a red dodge viper to trick people that he is making that money living in a empty house that he is leasing cause he don't know how much he can keep conning people Advocare is the biggest scam.

The reason you won't find a bad report about advocare is because when you sign up you sign a statement that states you are held reliable if people get sick. I've heard stories about people getting sick. One costumer I sold product to, her face broke out badly and she started to vomit. I'm mad because I got conned and lost money by those greedy bastards.

nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2003 02:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advocare/Corrollton-Texas-750036/Advocare-Advocare-is-a-rip-off-with-bad-products-Corrollton-Texas-71991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advocare

Bad Representation

AUTHOR: TexasMom - ()

I've been using and selling Advocare for a few months and have many friends who use it as well. I have severe IBS and fibromyalgia and have never felt as good as I do now on Advocare. It sounds like someone was eager to sell and lied to you about the business. Try not to take one persons representation of the company as what the comany is. It's an amazing company. I'm not required to sell a minimum of anything. I could just buy my own products and no one would care.

#2 General Comment

Confusing report from Marvin on AdvoCare

AUTHOR: Pedro - (United States of America)

Marvin, first off I'm sorry for your experience with AdvoCare.  To be completely honest you listed three individuals that seem to be working the business.  I know that Danny McDaniel has been and is still one of AdvoCare's most successful distributors.  I'm not aware of Chris or Wes. But I'm guessing they aren't with AdvoCare anymore since I haven't personally met them.

I also see that you say more about Wes than Danny.  Why is that?  Was Wes the person that signed you up with AdvoCare or was it Danny or Chris (the individual that was bugging you so much)?

You reference individuals that got sick of the vitamins but I'm guessing you mean that the actual vitamins made them sick.  Is this correct?  AdvoCare has their products tested by Informed Choice and from my understanding would have been sued if their products made someone sick.  I've never seen a personal "reliable" (I think you meant liable) statement from the company, since the distributor doesn't manufactor the products and aren't responsible of individual consumption.  Please provide this via the AdvoCare website or official documentation.  You report is extremely confusing because you make statements like "I started to sell the vitamins to people and they started to get sick of the vitamins" but then later you say "I've HEARD stories about people getting sick".  Almost like you didn't have but one point of reference from your sales "the female that vomited" but only heard other "stories".

I understand that you feel conned and that if you didn't sale or use the product that you feel you lost money but you did buy the product at a discount (30%) and could have sold it (profiting $900), used it (and gaining amazing energy and health) or returned it (complete refund).  It's hard to call a company greedy when this same company pays out .60 cents on the dollar to their distributors.

I hope that you find peace in your heart and success in something that you truly believe in.

Be professional if defending a product

AUTHOR: clt - (United States of America)

Reuben, if you are going to defend a product that you sale and represent...that is fine but being professional and not calling people names in your rebuttal just does not represent the company well.

What it does is, makes me wonder what types of people are attracted to the business side of this product.  Have some integrity and civility please.

Completely false report

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I know the McDaniels personally and can promise that their interest is focused on the success of others. You have mis-stated so many things about the Advocare compensation plan that it makes me wonder if you ever even understood it. I know this is a few years after you submitted this report but I can't sit back and keep quiet. Your report is unfounded, incorrect, and just plain ignorant. Advocare requires you to work to succeed. If you thought you were getting into a get-rich-quick deal, then it's no wonder you got angry when you discovered you would actually have to work to be successful. Pay attention!

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Really, I hope you are not lying to defend yourself .

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Really what success school did you go to because I been to a few and I havent seen one besides team trainers? I hope you are not lying to defend yourself because that is not cool.

Cowards they have to find excuses and allibies for themselves

AUTHOR: Ruben - (U.S.A.)

I am amazed at how the comments are so misguided, Apparently the people responding are people who are either lazy, or chronic excuse makers, who where neve willing to get up off the couch and go to work,and they have to find excuses and allibies for themselves. I have worked in the medical field for a long period of time and I have had many of my doctor friends take the products. You know why, because the doctors who formulate the products are some of the most prestigious in the Medical profession, and there are hundreds of unpaid endorsments in the professional ranks, the NFL, NHL, NBA, including the Olympic forum, UNPAID!!!!!

You morons out there who do not do your research, and spout off garbage, without knowing the facts amaze me. No one has to do the business, I got in just because of the Doctors, and the medical data that backed the products, not to mention the unpaid professional atheletes that take the products. I don't know what kind of website this is, but I do know one thing, I saw George bush senior, Norman Schwartzkolf, Bill Oreilly, Sean Hannity, Lou Holtz, Joe Gibbs, Bob and Elizabeth Dole, Mrs. Bush, just to name a few, at the Advocare Success Schools that they have every few months, and I know for a fact that this has to be one amazing scam to put one over on these people, so why don't you morons digest that little pill of fact . DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!!! idiots.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sincere and Objective about AdvoCare

AUTHOR: Barry - (U.S.A.)

I am an AdvoCare distributor and have been since July 2003. I was attracted to the company because my sister was making a decent income selling AdvoCare nutritional supplements. I tried the products. I felt fantastic.

I didn't have the same level of success as my sister. More importantly, I didn't find the day to day business operation to be enjoyable so I've stopped actively selling the products. I do, however, continue to take and recommend them to friends and family because of the dramatic difference I've experienced while taking them.

People come to network marketing companies with dollar signs in there eyes and feel ripped off when they aren't immediately successful. This is foolishness. Any business takes work, and a lot of it. Granted that in any company built of independant distributors you will find a few, or a lot, of bad apples making exagerated claims of income. I can personally vouch for a number of great AdvoCare distributors who neither mislead people nor cheat them in any way. I also know a few who exagerate both product and income testimonies, but that will happen in sales.

If you want to build a business and are willing to work at it you can succeed with AdvoCare. AdvoCare is a solid company built on excellent principles. I recommend attending several meetings to ascertain whether or not you enjoy the business, but you can be assured that the products are fantastic. AdvoCare has a host of non paid endorsers from the world of professional sports to substantiate that fact. As for the price,as with anything you get what you pay for.