Complaint Review: Aegis Receivable Management Incorporated

• Updated: Fri, February 12, 2010

• Reported By: Asor — Califorina California United States of America
Aegis Receivable Management Incorporated
PO Box 165339 Internet United States of America

Aegis Receivable Management Incorporated Formerly known as Global Vantedge Inc. Fraudulent Collection on behalf of NCO Portfolio Management, Internet

I use to have an overdue balance with Bally, after they told me that my membership would be month-to-month (but that's another report!). They charged me, but I didn't have money at the time, so they sold the account to a collection company, which I promptly paid.

That was around 3 years ago. Now I got a letter in the mail from these people, Aegis Receivables Management Inc. I spoke to a "John Peters" with a very heavy Indian accent to try to dispute the debt.

After giving my account number, he recited my balance and it was wrong! I asked what the settlement offer was, and it was wrong again! I told him what was on the letter I had just received, and he apologized profusely.

I said I wanted to dispute this debt, and he became infuriated. His tone became condescending, and he was ademant that we produce proof from a debt that I paid off 3 years ago during that same phone call! If I couldn't produce proof, I would be forced to pay the settlement amount the same day or the full amount the next day.

What really made me angry was the fact that he said that once I paid the debt, it would be settled as paid in full and it would be taken off of my credit report... but here's the kicker, I printed my credit report a week prior and showed no debt from either Aegis Receivables Management Inc., or NCO Portfolio Management.

Don't allow yourself to be scared into paying by these scumbags!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2010 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aegis-Receivable-Management-Incorporated/internet/Aegis-Receivable-Management-Incorporated-Formerly-known-as-Global-Vantedge-Inc-Fraudulent-568880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aegis Receivable Management Incorporated