Complaint Review: Aegon / StoneBridge Life Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, July 26, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 09, 2011

• Reported By:plano Texas
Aegon / StoneBridge Life Insurance
2700 West Plano Parkway Plano, Texas U.S.A.

Aegon / StoneBridge Life Insurance WARNING JC PENNEY CUSTOMERS Plano Texas

*General Comment: con artests

*Consumer Comment: Worthless Membership programs - no one wants

*UPDATE Employee: JCPenney Catalog Buyers Beware Indeed!

*Consumer Comment: Dear Honest Employee

*UPDATE Employee: Don't Connect This with Stores!!

WARNING JC PENNEY CATALOG SHOPPERS/ WEBSITE

YOU WILL SEE A OFFER TO GET 10.00 OFF YOUR PURCHASE.

Warning: you will enroll in a membership called Fun Family Rewards and over
the phone when calling the catalog center you will be offered 10.00 off your purchase just for trying Perfect Home REwards and or Fun Family Rewards and that the first month is free and you can cancel at anytime.

You can cancel at anytime, but we will give you alot of reasons why you shouldnt.. Because we make bonuses everymonth for every customer we convince not to cancel.

Then to add insult to injury we will try to sell you Life Insurance..

There are alot of old people who get suckered into this,so BUYER BEWARE

April
plano, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2008 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aegon-StoneBridge-Life-Insurance/Plano-Texas-75075/Aegon-StoneBridge-Life-Insurance-WARNING-JC-PENNEY-CUSTOMERS-Plano-Texas-355989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aegon / StoneBridge Life Insurance

#1 General Comment

con artests

AUTHOR: Gordon kistler - (U.S.A.)

you lie!!! bunch of d**n theives

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.

Worthless Membership programs - no one wants

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

The best thing to do is notify the retailer in writing that they MUST STOP PUSHING these worthless membership programs.

NO ONE WANTS THEM -and in today's screwed economy most cannot afford to lose the money in monthly fees at all.

I always notify the vendor that is pushing these programs to stop.

Another reason they should stop - Trilegiant - the company that offers most of these programs has already been fined $14.5 million by the FTC for cramming unauthorized charges off on people (cramming means without consent) and had to pay $25 million in restitution to all the customers they crammed.

NO ONE WANTS THEM SO Trilegiant hides behind survey's, discounts on your current order or tiny print with prechecked check boxes to sign people up without their knowledge. That says alot about how worthless these programs really are.

JCPenney Catalog Buyers Beware Indeed!

AUTHOR: Biscotti - (U.S.A.)

I work at a JCPenney catalog call center. I can tell you that the atmosphere there to sell the add on membership products from Aegon and Stonebridge is indeed predatory!!. Customer service reps are continually monitored, and if they do not prompt customers to sell them these add on membership products they could be threatened with termination! The pressure is indeed tremendous.

I would suggest that anyone placing an order with JCPENNEY catalog immediately tell the customer service rep NO when they are prompted to buy the membership product....and in addition request that they NEVER prompt you again to make these sales. That way in the future when you place an order they won't prompt you for the sale.

I'm looking for another job...I find this practice appalling. My heart goes out to older people who don't understand that they will be charge monthly for these products...they forget to cancel the membership and get charged a monthly fee!

Dear Honest Employee

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

GE Money Bank that handles the JC Penney Credit card accounts

Posted $100 in fraudulent charges to my account in Jan 08
Changed my mailing address so I would not receive statements and was not allowed to dispute the charges
NOT ONE CALL was made to correct illegal address change or collect the debt

Sold my account after 7 months as JUNK debt to the worst JUNK debt collection agency out there

Posted false failure to pay on my credit reports when I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THESE CHARGES!

Has not responded to written debt valildation requests and refuses to speak with me about it on the phone.

THEY ARE REASON PEOPLE ARE NOT SHOPPING AT PENNEYS ANYMORE!

Don't Connect This with Stores!!

AUTHOR: Honest Employee & Loyal Customer - (U.S.A.)

I'm a store employee and I'm so sad to see so many customers stop shopping at Penney's because of an issue with the credit card company. I have been a store employee for 5 years now and I promise you there is no scams to be found in the store. If you will ask we will do everything within reason, and even some things that are not to help you.