Complaint Review: Aetna Short Term Disability

Aetna Short Term Disability
po box 14560 Internet United States of America

Aetna Short Term Disability Aetna Disability Rip Off and Scam, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Here is how you can get help

*Author of original report: Aetna's reasons

*Consumer Comment: while you're at it

*Consumer Comment: What reason did they give you when you asked why they were denying your claim?

I was in a horrific car accident, which wasn't even my fault, and I paid into Aetna Short Term Disability through my job that I have worked at for over 5 years, and they denied my claim! I have multiple serious injuries from that accident and I can no longer work and am in constant severe pain and getting treatment for my injuries.  I am on an approved leave of absence from my job as well. I have no money at all and no health insurance  anymore because i can not afford it with no income.  I have sent them everything they have requested from me, and so has my doctor, and it is so hard to do all of this when you are in constant pain with no help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aetna-Short-Term-Disability/internet/Aetna-Short-Term-Disability-Aetna-Disability-Rip-Off-and-Scam-Internet-924563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aetna Short Term Disability

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Here is how you can get help

AUTHOR: Aurasis - (United States of America)

I am in slightly the same boat. I tore two ligaments in my knee and I have a pinched nerve in my back. I've worked months with the nerve and I have a very understanding boss. I NEVER took STD time for my back. When I hurt my knee I was on strict bedrest for two weeks while awaiting an ortho appointment. My walk to my desk from my car is 9 minutes (timed it to make sure I was never late) So now I can walk a bit better albeit it's painful, but under orders to NOT DRIVE at all. Also, with the brace I can't sit in a way that doesn't KILL my back. So I'm in a bind.

First things first. Aetna is NOT your friend. AT ALL. They are there to find a reason to deny your claim and will use any tactic for that. My claim was initially denied due to not seeing an MD. I did, in the ER.  I have a wonderful Chiro who's been submitting my paperwork and emailing it to me as well. I got that denial overturned but only for ONE WEEK. They want an MD to consitantly see you and send in a certificate of your progress. You HAVE to be under care of an MD and you BETTER get the things to them.

How do you do this? Email it. They have a fax system that automatically uploads the docs under your claim.... and those numbers change. Don't ask me why... but they do. My initial STD claim has a number, but now I have a new number since the denial was overturned.

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING. I got a hold of a lead, they told me one thing and my case manager flipped on me and told me different... so use Aetna's navigator to send emails. Consitantly let them know you are keeping those emails as proof. Don't be threatening but do be firm. It also helps to say something along the line of "Im a person who's financial well-being you are hurting, not just a number"

Good contacts to have if none of that works. I sent an email to all of them and got my claim review reversed in less than 24 hours. I've also been assigned a Aetna Executive Complaints & Appeals Manager whom I'm keeping in touch with as well.

Scot Roskelley

michenerc@aetna.com

bertolinim@aetna.com

reismanl@aetna.com

Aetna's reasons

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

They said I did not have enough info, but I have sent them everything they have requested and because I have a desk job, they feel I can work but I can not because sitting is what causes most of my pain, and my job requires 8 hrs a day of sitting.

while you're at it

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

report kenny to the rebutt abuse department

What reason did they give you when you asked why they were denying your claim?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You did ask, right?  You've not told the whole story here. If they are violating the terms of your policy (have you read it)? you should report this to your state's insurance  commissioner. Good luck.

issued