Complaint Review: Affiliated Acceptance, Body Of Change

• Submitted: Tue, February 01, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, February 01, 2005

• Reported By:Burlington Kentucky
Affiliated Acceptance, Body Of Change
Sunrise Beach, Missouri U.S.A.

Affiliated Acceptance Body Of Change ripoff runaround regarding contract freeze and pregnancy Sunrise Beach Missouri

I had contracted with Body of Change in Florence Kentucky in February of 2004. My husband and I decided to start our family this year and in March of 2004 became pregnant. I utilized my trainer at the gym until I was about five/six months pregnant and had weight restrictions (how much I could lift) and decided to post-pone my sessions at the gym until I could get back at 100%.

In the meantime, I was told to call Affiliated in Missouri to request a freeze be placed on my account, saving sessions until I had my child. I called, was informed that sure, they would freeze my account, but they were still automatically debiting my checking account. I was never informed at that point that they also needed this freeze request in writing. I found this out about a month later.

I cancelled my contract 30 days in advance, still having 64 sessions that I had paid for. Imagine my surprise when I went to the gym and the trainer tells me that I didn't make my payment last month (automatic debit, duh!) and that he couldn't train me. I told him I had contracted for 96 sessions, paid for them all, cancelled my contract, etc. etc. etc. and it has now become my burden of proof to show that I had paid for all my sessions and that Body of Change owed me 64!

Watch out when you agree to automatic debiting for anything. My advice is don't do it. And even if you pay 100% up front, keep your own record of sessions used and how many you have left. Don't rely on anybody else to keep accurate records. They just hope you don't use your sessions, they don't care. They get their money and screw you.

Tina-Marie
Burlington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2005 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affiliated-Acceptance-Body-Of-Change/Sunrise-Beach-Missouri/Affiliated-Acceptance-Body-Of-Change-ripoff-runaround-regarding-contract-freeze-and-pregna-129679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affiliated Acceptance, Body Of Change