Complaint Review: Affinion Benefits Group

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: Shameful — old hickory Tennessee
Affinion Benefits Group
PO Box 41869 Nashville, Tennessee USA

Affinion Benefits Group Unable to stop Company from deducting premium for AD&D Ins after send cancellation form. Nashville Tennessee

This problem began when I learned My 91 year old mother who had dementia signed a form for what she though to be a free $1000. AD&D insurance policy through Regions Bank. Affinion Group has been taking $49.50 from her checking account since 2010. I just discovered this when I became fiduciary of her bank account and noticed the withdrawal  on her December statement. I called the company to cancel the policy, they sent a form for my Mom to sign and I sent it back registered mail. They tried to take the money again for January and the account had been blocked. I then received a letter to inform me the policy would be canceled if payment was not received by February 9th. Well and good, this is what I wanted. Now I received Feburary 12th, a letter from Monumental Life Insurance Company, which is the new provider of the insurance, stating $49.50 will be taken from the account in April for the quarterly payment. I took the letter to Regions and a  financial services specialist called Monumental and they have no record of the cancellation and my mother will have to sign another form. She is an alzheimers patient in a nursing home and can't write at this point. I am at a loss as to how these elderly people can be swindled into such a situation. Mother thought she had to sign the form sent from Regions for the free $1000. AD&D insurance, when in fact she signed for an additional amount of coverage. It should be against the law for their names and addresses to be sold to anyone and this is exactly what happened from a bank you would think could be trusted. I would love to be a part of a class action suit against both Regions Bank and Affinion Group.  Beware of any insurance offer with The Hartford Insurance Company through any bank, free or otherwise. I would be grateful for any help I could get, to recoup the money stolen from the account of a widow living on a small check from social security.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2014 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affinion-Benefits-Group/Nashville-Tennessee-37204-1869/Affinion-Benefits-Group-Unable-to-stop-Company-from-deducting-premium-for-ADampD-Ins-aft-1123454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affinion Benefits Group