Complaint Review: Affinion Group

• Updated: Tue, September 08, 2009

• Reported By: Maria — Round Rock Texas USA
Affinion Group
19700 San Chisolm Drive Round Rock, Texas United States of America

Affinion Group charged for coverage I didnt request/ problem getting refund Round Rock, Texas

I received a $1000 free AD&D coverage from Regions Bank.  It gave you the option to purchase 50,000 add'l coverage. I marked NO across the block and I DID NOT apply for the add'l 50,000 coverage. I was charged 16.50 for the add'l coverage. When I called about this I was given Affinion Group.  I spoke with an Elliott who first asked me why I wanted to cancel this coverage when I had already gone through the spill that I did not apply for it, which is NONE OF his business anyway.  I then told him again I did not apply for the coverage and the coverage was worthless to me. He then tried to tell me the coverage was not worthless and tried to explain AD&D coverage to me when I had to get extremely rude to get him to understand I did not request nor did not want this coverage.  He said he canceled the coverage . I then asked about my refund and was told I had to call back after the 10th which is crap when I didnt ask for this coverage anyway.  I asked for a supervisor and was told I had to call back the next day as it was a holiday.  I called today and got Christina who told me also I had to call back after the 10th in order to get a refund as the charge has not made it to the dept yet.  I repeatedly asked her were they an insurance company and never really got an answer until I mentioned the insurance commissioner and she finally gave me an answer.  This is absolutely outrageous that they can charge you for coverage you didnt request and then not want to give you a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2009 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affinion-Group/Round-Rock-Texas-78664/Affinion-Group-charged-for-coverage-I-didnt-request-problem-getting-refund-Round-Rock-T-491547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affinion Group