Complaint Review: Affordable Custom Countertops

• Reported By: anonymous — Gilbert Arizona
Affordable Custom Countertops
5243 E Washington St. Phoenix, AZ 85034 , Select State/Province USA

Affordable Custom Countertops/ Dan Stuart Con artist Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Matter was resolved

Buyer beware of this company "Affordable Custom Countertops". My wife and I called this company (Dan Stuart) for a "free estimate" for getting granite countertops installed. After a week and half of us going back and forth on what he was going to charge and where the materials would come from we decided on a slab that would work for us. He sent his crew to come by and collect a deposit for 50% down $2,700.00 which we paid in cash because he didn't want to report the taxes. The next day I received a call from Dan Stuart saying the granite company didn't have enough slabs in the material we selected. We found out the company did have enough material but he under quoted us and wouldn't have been able to rip us off as bad and suggested we go with a lower level slab for the same cost! I told him this was not going to work for us because we needed the slabs to match and the backsplash to be 6" inch as quoted. After discussing the options some more I said I would need to discuss everything with my wife and get back to him.

I went through the options with me wife and she had some questions for Dan Stuart. I sent him a text and said my wife needs to speak with him and is upset about these changes after already paying our deposit. He immediately sent a text back that read "Sending back money. Have a good day. Peace and health bro." After receiving this text I responded asking when I would get my money back and he sent this..."Wow dude...you wasted my time...my guys time time...And now it's all about you. My guy has your money...minus the trip charge we charged you for all this B.S." I know...real professional huh...

After calling him and his guy several times we finally agreed that I would drive 45 minutes to get my money back! When I arrived to meet his crew I was told that Dan Stuart kept $200 of our deposit. Needless to say I was furious! He has no right taking $200 from us for a free estimate and for work he didn't and couldn't perform because of his incompetencies. No where on our quote/invoice or his website does it state he will charge money for "free estimate" as stated on his website.

We will be taking legal action against this company!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affordable-Custom-Countertops/Select-StateProvince/Affordable-Custom-Countertops-Dan-Stuart-Con-artist-Phoenix-Arizona-1121108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affordable Custom Countertops

Matter was resolved

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

The company decided to return my $200 and the matter was resolved.