Complaint Review: Affordable Dentures

• Submitted: Thu, January 17, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2014

• Reported By: 412walnut — Springdale Arkansas U.S.A.
Affordable Dentures
? Gutensohn Springdale, Arkansas United States of America

Affordable Dentures Sharnn Aarin Shepheard, DDS Bad deal Springdale, Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: I HAD GOOD SERVICE

*Author of original report: One more thing

*Author of original report: YOU LYING SOB

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A hurt dog will bark

*Author of original report: What a Liar!

*Author of original report: What an amazing liar!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Good Doctor Doing Even Better/Sharnn AShepheardDDS

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Total Fabrication and dishonest patient

*Author of original report: Update on Bad Dentist

A little over 2 years ago, I went to Affordable Dental in Springdale, AR (Dr. Sharnn Aarin Shepheard).  I paid $1,300 for removal of six teeth and got complete dentures.  I received no copy of a dental care plan or contract.  They were much more interested in getting my money than my care.

I was told it would be at least a year of healing before I could get my new permanent dentures (as I was considering implants).  That said to me that I had to wait at least a year - a/k/a no hurry.

I called the other day to find out about implants and finalize my treatment.  I was informed by the charming doctor that because I did not come back within a year's time, my contract was void, he would not complete the process and intended to KEEP MY MONEY!  I don't think so.

There was never anything in writing saying I had only a year and that after that time, no services would be provided.  He made that up.  I spoke to him/his office, he was totally unpleasant and unprofessional and told me to SUE him.

I contacted their corporate headquarters and after my and their conversations with the doctor, I am receiving at least a partial refund and all my records so I can go elsewhere.

Avoid this guy.  "He ain't right".  I have only seen him for about 15 minutes total in my life.  His staff did all the work.  However, every time I saw him, he was unpleasant and angry (not at me, I just got there.)

After my dealings with him, it is very apparent that he has ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES.  He is a liar and not an honest person.  He lied and said that he would not do anything for me because I swore at his secretary.  I did NOT.  I might have said something to the affect that "if you think you can keep my money, not provide the service I paid for and expect me to walk away, 'THE HELL I WILL".  I said nothing stronger than that.  "Hell" is an expected response when someone tries to steal $1000 of your money and brow beat you.  He was very confident that he could get away with this.  He can't.

I may not be able to further pursue this, as I did get some relief from their corporate headquarters.  However, YOU ARE WRONG DOCTOR.  I COULD SUE YOU AND WOULD WIN.

I may not take him to court but you can bet I will put in a bad word for him anytime and anyway I can. Shame on you!  All I wanted is the service I contracted for and paid for.  You are a rotten person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affordable-Dentures/Springdale-Arkansas-72764/Affordable-Dentures-Sharnn-Aarin-Shepheard-DDS-Bad-deal-Springdale-Arkansas-998521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affordable Dentures

I HAD GOOD SERVICE

AUTHOR: Randy822 - (USA)

I read the comment about a former patient and felt I should comment that I had a good experience with Sheppard.  He pulled all of my upper teeth, fitted me with temporary uppers and then got permanent uppers which I am pleased with.  I for one am sorry their office left this area.

One more thing

AUTHOR: 412walnut - ()

You say you had to move to a "more tolerant" area of the country.  That makes it very obvious that other people had trouble with you and your attitudes -- not just me!

You ever hear of KARMA?  Your's will be coming.

YOU LYING SOB

AUTHOR: 412walnut - ()

IF I AM A HURT DOG, IT WAS YOU THAT TRIED TO HURT ME.  YOU ARE A TERRIBLE DENTIST AND A DISPICABLE PERSON.  AGAIN, NOBODY BROUGHT UP RACE, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, ETC. EXCEPT YOU.  YOU CAN NOT BLAME THIS ON ANY OF THOSE THINGS (EXCEPT YOUR OWN RACISM).

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS A MENTAL CASE.  I AM DONE RESPONDING TO YOUR LITANY OF LIES.

I HOPE YOU ROT.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A hurt dog will bark

AUTHOR: Sharnn A. Shepheard,DDS - ()

I rest my case. Again, we made this individual dentures, refunded her money when we couldn't please you, advised you appropriately about her not being an ideal candidate for mini-implants. And still, you are leveling personal attacks. You don't have to announce you are a racist, to be recognized as one . Klansmen don't "believe" they are bigots either, but thier words demonstrate otherwise.... Having done all that could be done , we suggest you seek legal advice and settle this issue like an adult. We look forward to forwarding him to our attorney upon hearing from him.

What a Liar!

AUTHOR: 412walnut - ()

As I reread the response from Dr. Shepheard, I am absolutely stunned at what a liar is!

Firstly, I am not, nor have I ever been, a bigot!  I never mentioned his race, religion or anything else.  He is the one who tried to spin it in that direction.  I don't care about those things.  I was only there for TEETH!

Secondly, his saying that I had a "sense of entitlement" is such garbage.  I was only entitied to the teeth I already paid for and he tried to cheat me out of.  If I had a sense of entitlement, most likely I would have more money.   If I had more money, I would have gone to a better dentist.

He blathered on and on about God/Allah and religion.  If he is religious, that's fine, although I sincerely doubt it.  Religious/god fearing people don't lie and cheat!

He said I wanted implants, which is not true.  Once I found out their price, that was out of the question and it ended there.  We never discussed my bone loss or anything like that.  Another lie.

When I got my money back from his corporate headquarters, I went to another dentist and had absolutely no problems.  His work was so much better that the SCHLOCK JOB I fot from Dr. Shepheard, it was amazing.

Dr. Shepheard is a terrible dentist, a terrible liar, a racist.  Shame on him.  All I wanted was what I legitimately paid for.  There was NO time limit on the contract, which I still have.

NICE TRY!

What an amazing liar!

AUTHOR: 412walnut - ()

As I re-read the bald-faced lies of this dentist, I am absolutely shocked.  His response is so ridiculous, his claims of my racism, etc.  I am not and never have been a bigot or a person who thought she was ENTITLED.  I was not entitited to anything other than the teeth I paid for.  Another lie is that the contract indicated any type of time limit.  It did not!  Man oh man, can this guy LIE!

All his religious blather is obviously not genuine.  Whether it is God or Allah, I don't care.  I was only there for DENTISTRY.  If he were such a religious person, he would not be such a crook and liar!  Shame on you, you phony.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Good Doctor Doing Even Better/Sharnn AShepheardDDS

AUTHOR: Sharnn A. Shepheard,DDS - ()

We are even happier to report that Dr.Sharnn A.Shepheard has a thriving practice in a more racially tolerate area where his patients appreciate the quality of care he brings to all his constituents regardless of their ethnicity, background or ability to pay. He has a beautiful wife and family, financial security and a life that only GOD/Allah Himself could bestow upon a humble servant. We appreciate even the patients like the misguided individual in this report because daily we see how our lives and work impacts in a wonderful way, even the least among us ! That is after all, what GOD expects of us.... To love our nieghbors as we love our selves... To refrain from bearing false witness... Just two of those golden rules some individuals convienantly abandon when filled with self-righteous vitriol. We will continue our work and committment to improving the quality of that beautiful conundrum we call " life " with the talent we have been given. We appreciate those who favor us with thier confidence and trust.

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Total Fabrication and dishonest patient

AUTHOR: Sharnn A. Shepheard,DDS - ()

I have rarely encountered such vitrioligic, fundamentally dishonest testimony in my nearly 3 decades of practice . I typically don't concern myself with this type of vindictive attempt at "retribution " as it's largely pointless and unnecessary to defend oneself from a total lie. But there is an old but sinister motive present in this persons persona that would drive her to such lengths as to totally fabricate such hatred, which I am certain has little to do with the service she did or did not allegedly recieve ... Moreover, her preoccupation with my personality that would allow her to distort her own is a deeper symptom of something so ugly, persistent and systemic in this society that it challenges any notion of basic decency. First , Affordable Dentures policy, not uniquely mine,is to follow the patient for a year, during said period his/her denture is realigned to fit the dental arches as they heal and shrink. This is clearly defined, read and signed by every patient . Secondly , I rarely discuss said issues with any patient as the appointed office manager would be the individual reviewing said contract which she was given and likely disgarded. There is a time limit on this contract, (so stipulated in same) , so that patients can recieve their "final" denture prosthetic within the specified healing period which is typically 6months to a year. This individual failed to return within a years time, but had significantly exceeded that time limit. Further, she wanted implants,  ( hybrid MDI implants; smaller than conventional implant systems) she was Not a candidate for same because of lack of bone width  in her lower mandibular arch. Simply stated, she read, signed acknowledged understanding of contract, did not honor same and became belligerent when advised of same. I encouraged Afforfable Dentures to partially refund her as a gesture of goodwill despite the fact that she return to the office well after the stipulated period. But that was insufficient. Her vitriol is so repugnant as to be inexcusable. While as a professional I can excuse her distortion of the truth, immature people will say just about anything when angry. Telling the truth is not the objective, rather retribution. Everyone understands that. Additionally, I can excuse her ignorance as Affordable Dentures typically exist to serve those patients who for economic reasons, or lack of insurance or access have fewer opportunities to get adequate oral health care.  To suggest that any health care professional act in the manner many of the individuals claim on these types of Internet venues is most distorted. I and the overwhelming majority of health care professionals are deeply committed to our chosen professions. Most of us care about our patients. But often times, patient expectation far exceed the rational limits of what the art and science of dentistry or medicine can facilitate. That individual, for which we can't help in the manner they think should be available to them is understandably frustrated and often bitter. But doctors, though professionals, are human too. And the distortions so mentioned are motivated by an ugly sense of  entitlement born out of some perception on the part of this individual which has little to do with her dentures, poor candidacy for mini-implants or my personality/ anger management issues so alledged. I am confident, competent professional. Who happens to be a member of the minority. What I am not is a hewer of wood, or drawer of water. that person no longer exist in this society, but is perhaps what this individual is more comfortable with. She did not see me. As people of her like mind , rarely do. I trust she will evolve and join the rest of us as we endeavor to treat those we encounter, whatever their ethnicity, with the same respect with which those among us who feel they are endowed with some sense of entitlement have historically wanted for themselves.

Update on Bad Dentist

AUTHOR: 412walnut - (U.S.A.)

I am delighted to report that Dr. Sharnn Aarin Shepheard is closing down and going out of business!  A real blessing to the people of NW Arkansas.  Apparently, he tried to screw over too many people (not to mention his personality issues).  Glad to see him go!