Complaint Review: Affordable Dentures

• Submitted: Thu, January 17, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: 412walnut — Springdale Arkansas U.S.A.
Affordable Dentures
? Gutensohn Springdale, Arkansas United States of America

Affordable Dentures Sharnn Aarin Shepheard, DDS Bad deal Springdale, Arkansas

*Author of original report: Update on Bad Dentist

A little over 2 years ago, I went to Affordable Dental in Springdale, AR (Dr. Sharnn Aarin Shepheard).  I paid $1,300 for removal of six teeth and got complete dentures.  I received no copy of a dental care plan or contract.  They were much more interested in getting my money than my care.

I was told it would be at least a year of healing before I could get my new permanent dentures (as I was considering implants).  That said to me that I had to wait at least a year - a/k/a no hurry.

I called the other day to find out about implants and finalize my treatment.  I was informed by the charming doctor that because I did not come back within a year's time, my contract was void, he would not complete the process and intended to KEEP MY MONEY!  I don't think so.

There was never anything in writing saying I had only a year and that after that time, no services would be provided.  He made that up.  I spoke to him/his office, he was totally unpleasant and unprofessional and told me to SUE him.

I contacted their corporate headquarters and after my and their conversations with the doctor, I am receiving at least a partial refund and all my records so I can go elsewhere.

Avoid this guy.  "He ain't right".  I have only seen him for about 15 minutes total in my life.  His staff did all the work.  However, every time I saw him, he was unpleasant and angry (not at me, I just got there.)

After my dealings with him, it is very apparent that he has ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES.  He is a liar and not an honest person.  He lied and said that he would not do anything for me because I swore at his secretary.  I did NOT.  I might have said something to the affect that "if you think you can keep my money, not provide the service I paid for and expect me to walk away, 'THE HELL I WILL".  I said nothing stronger than that.  "Hell" is an expected response when someone tries to steal $1000 of your money and brow beat you.  He was very confident that he could get away with this.  He can't.

I may not be able to further pursue this, as I did get some relief from their corporate headquarters.  However, YOU ARE WRONG DOCTOR.  I COULD SUE YOU AND WOULD WIN.

I may not take him to court but you can bet I will put in a bad word for him anytime and anyway I can. Shame on you!  All I wanted is the service I contracted for and paid for.  You are a rotten person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affordable-Dentures/Springdale-Arkansas-72764/Affordable-Dentures-Sharnn-Aarin-Shepheard-DDS-Bad-deal-Springdale-Arkansas-998521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affordable Dentures

Update on Bad Dentist

AUTHOR: 412walnut - (U.S.A.)

I am delighted to report that Dr. Sharnn Aarin Shepheard is closing down and going out of business!  A real blessing to the people of NW Arkansas.  Apparently, he tried to screw over too many people (not to mention his personality issues).  Glad to see him go!