isolated

• Submitted: Mon, August 01, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 01, 2005

• Reported By:Coos Bay Oregon
Affordable Health Care - HealthCare Advantage
healthcareadvantage.com/ Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

Affordable Health Care - HealthCare Advantage ripped me off! Would not refund! Very nasty to me! Rude! Switched me back and forth! Plantation Florida

I was contacted in February of 2005 by David Bentley of Affordable Health Choice (affiliated with or through United Health (this is what he told me.) Telephone: 866-220-5431.

We spoke for quite awhile and the plan he explained to me sounded pretty good. I could then tell my husband's employers insurance program to take a hike because they're no good either.

After giving him my information, he switched me over to HealthCare Advantage who would be the ones to debit my card each month.

They took $163.95 as the down payment and then were to take that same amount each month. I had 30 days to cancel if I changed my mind.

After thinking about all of this for awhile, I called HealthCare Advantage in March to ask if they provided any policy for catastrophic instances, such as: car accidents, diagnosed with cancer or needed long term care. They told me to call Affordable Health Care back to answer that. I told them that if there was no provision for that, that I wanted to cancel my account with them as I couldn't afford to pay them "and" the premiums we were paying to my husband's employer insurance. The gal I spoke with told me that because things weren't explained fully to me that she would discount my first months payment.

So I then called Affordable Health Care back and explained the situation and they said: No, we do not have any catastrophic coverage.
So I told the gal there that I wanted to cancel and she said ok and that I would get my down payment and my first months payment refunded.

I mistakenly assumed that Affordable Health Care would notify HealthCare Advantage of my cancellation and that I would be seeing my refund within 10 days.

Well as you might have guessed, no refund.

I called HealthCare Advantage and asked why I hadn't received my refund and the gal I spoke with told me that I had waited too long to cancel and there would be no refund.(They had recorded the phone call the day I called to cancel) I was livid! Because according to my records, I had called to cancel on March 22, 2005. She says I didn't call until April 18, 2005 when I was to check back. We had harsh words and I told her that they were stealing my money! I asked her if she would walk up to a perfect stranger on the street and hand them $285 and say: Here, keep this money, I don't need it.

I told her that I would be contacting the media and whoever I could to show that they had stolen my money. I also told her that I had better see my refund. Well I haven't as yet. It should have been back in my checking account on or by March 30, 2005. I checked back as requested on April 18, 2005 and again demanded my money back but to no avail.

I just don't see how they can legally get away with stealing my money!

Glenda
Coos Bay, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2005 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affordable-Health-Care-HealthCare-Advantage/Plantation-Florida-33324/Affordable-Health-Care-HealthCare-Advantage-ripped-me-off-Would-not-refund-Very-nasty-152009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affordable Health Care - HealthCare Advantage